Pacific Gas & Electric Company have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Corporate Sustainability Representative.
Based in San Francisco, the successful candidate will work collaboratively to tell our story and support continuous improvement of PG&E’s corporate sustainability performance. This includes researching, writing, and managing data for various corporate sustainability reporting and communication activities. The position will also support the implementation of initiatives to achieve PG&E’s sustainability goals, including efforts to achieve PG&E’s carbon reduction goal for company operations and support vulnerable communities. The position will require engagement with internal and external stakeholders to develop, execute and communicate sustainability strategies for the company and communities served by PG&E.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of sustainability and experience with environmental, environmental and social justice, and other sustainability policy issues and best practices. The individual will possess outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex issues to a range of audiences and constituencies. The individual will have strong research, organizational, creative, and strategic thinking skills. The successful candidate will also be able to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team and to manage multiple projects simultaneously from conception to implementation.
- Lead research, writing, and overall project management for PG&E’s annual Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Report.
- Lead PG&E’s engagement with third-party ratings and rankings of PG&E’s sustainability performance.
- Support the implementation of initiatives to achieve PG&E’s sustainability goals, including programs and practices to reduce PG&E’s environmental impact and support vulnerable communities.
- Work across PG&E’s lines of business to set and track key companywide corporate sustainability performance metrics and goals.
- Provide expert and strategic consultation on environmental, social, and economic policy issues and best practices related to the long-term sustainability of PG&E’s business.
- Support various other corporate sustainability reporting and communication activities.
- Manage contracts with external vendors.