Exciting opportunity at Uber for the role of Senior Counsel, Sustainability and ESG Reporting.
About The Role
Looking for an exceptional governance professional to oversee our ESG and sustainability reporting and the development of our sustainability program. This role will be responsible for helping Uber develop a sustainability strategy that will help Uber achieve its mission of igniting opportunity by setting the world in motion.
What You’ll Do
- Work with our Human Resources, Investor Relations, Corporate Governance, Policy, Workplace and Business teams to develop a comprehensive sustainability strategy for Uber
- Lead engagement with existing and future investors regarding sustainability and ESG matters
- Coordinate responses to ESG and sustainability related questionnaires and surveys from institutional investors and other groups
- Draft and contribute to Uber’s ESG and sustainability disclosures and reports
What You’ll Need
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Legal experience in private practice and/or in-house.In-house experience.
- Experience with technology platforms.
- Familiarity with key sustainability standards, SASB reporting, GRI, ESG rating firms, TCFD, and other broadly recognized reporting standards and frameworks.
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and develop relationships.
- Outstanding writing, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with US securities laws, public company disclosures and investor relations
- Flexibility to perform in nimble, rapidly changing and growing environments.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience working with business leaders.
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!