NIKE, Inc. is looking for a new Senior Director Engagement, Global Sustainability.
The Senior Director of Engagement for Global Sustainability is responsible for developing and executing engagement and advocacy plans against NIKE’s key sustainability pillars for environment and supply chain labor, establishing and improving external partnerships to drive our agenda. You will work internally with leaders across key partner functions, in particular Global and Regional Government and Public Affairs, Purpose Communications, Brand, and Global Community Impact, to deliver sustainability focused positions, platforms and campaign(s) that engage our employees, consumers, industry, and other sectors.
Responsibilities to include
- Advise and help set NIKE’s vision for change with specialist insights and an understanding of sustainability issues today and in the future.
- Develop and lead highly innovative and targeted sustainability advocacy strategies and positions, passionate about our sustainability strategy, that engage employees, consumers, and our industry; with short, medium, and long-term critical metrics that deliver measurable change.
- Establish and drive the key partnerships and industry coalitions required to deliver the enterprise-wide advocacy agenda.
- Identify, cultivate and maintain relationships with industry specialists, advocacy groups, government and non-governmental organizations and academics that deliver both business and social value.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- Experience leading change with large global brands and/or organizations
- Ability to develop 360 partner and relationship plans and drive successful activation
- Strong Influencer skills, and excellent writing and presentation skills; inspiring and innovative storyteller with deep expertise in writing and content creation for a variety of audiences and engagement goals, including speech writing, presentations, digital content, media relations and events
- Experience presenting to and working with senior executives to provide strategic counsel, clearly articulate ideas, successfully manage differing points of view and strengthen relationships and rapport
- Experience with global campaigns, with internal and external audiences
- Proven track record of crafting and executing strategies with a strong advocacy focus and multiple geography execution
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Journalism, or related field
- 10+ years demonstrated experience as a communications, partner relations, public affairs or corporate affairs lead supporting globally branded organizations or high profile organizations
- Excellent verbal, written and intrapersonal communications skills and consistent track record to lead high profile projects in global environment to deliver results
- Familiar with sustainability issues, positions and trends
- Engagement and stakeholder experience
- Ability to Travel, 30%