Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Senior Director, Enterprise Sustainability Communication.
The Enterprise Sustainability Communication Leader will elevate the company’s global position and leadership of sustainability as a business strategy and differentiator, shape strategy and help drive the reputation of Johnson & Johnson. This individual will frame a compelling narrative that highlights our sustainability effort and impact within our end-to-end value chain, for our employees, shareholders, customers, communities we serve, our environment and our bottom line.
This leader will design and manage proactive and reactive, internal and external communication plans/narratives for sustainability and environmental impact related to products, packaging, delivery, sourcing, manufacturing and facilities.
Business and Influence Network
- Serve as a member of the Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) Leadership Team; be a strategic communication advisor to the EHS&S Vice President and the Leadership Team, contributing to strategy to drive Johnson and Johnson reputation, and contributing insights and communication expertise
- Serve as a member of the Global Supply Chain Communication Leadership Team, and extended leadership team for Employee Engagement and Supply Chain Communication (EE&SCC)
- Collaborate with leaders in governance/policy, sector/commercial communication, Global Community Impact and other Global Corporate Affairs (GCA) leaders as well as the Office of the Chair to shape, lead and manage Johnson & Johnson’s sustainability platform and strategy
- Coordinate closely with sector communications leaders and others to manage internal and external issues related to sustainability topics
- Work with the Supply Chain Strategy Communications leader, Supply Chain Communication Team and across EE&SCC to incorporate sustainability messaging into the Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain (JJSC) and enterprise narratives
- Manage and negotiate ongoing client relationships, including Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Sustainability Narrative & Communication Plans
- Shape Johnson and Johnson’s sustainability strategy and contribute to development of a compelling global sustainability brand; refine narrative/plan for Johnson & Johnson, connecting across the entire value chain of R&D, Supply Chain, Commercial, Global Public Health, Health for Humanity and Global Community Impact – and laddering up to enterprise reputation drivers
- Design environmental platform that accurately positions Johnson & Johnson’s unique capability in environmental/sustainability, potentially with respect to the intersection of environmental health and human health
- Partner with EHS&S VP to develop executive platform, strategic messaging and presentation content; provide communication counsel and advice to select sustainability leaders in support of external amplification of enterprise sustainability narrative
- Work with EE&SCC leadership to utilize Global Reputation Information System (GRIS) data to uncover and advance compelling insights about aspects of sustainability that drive Johnson & Johnson reputation with various internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with leaders in governance/reporting, sector/commercial communication and EE&SCC to uncover sustainability success stories; drive initiatives to amplify sustainability perspective, inspire and engage employees as well as customers, patients, suppliers, investors, media and other external audiences; prepare messaging, tools and templates working collaboratively with colleagues in EE&SCC and GCA to advance proactive and reactive communication of sustainability strategy at Johnson & Johnson
- Partner with Environmental Health, Safety and Facilities Communication leader to contribute to the design of an organizational communication strategy for EHS&S and advise on opportunities to activate internally
- Represent sustainability within GCA teams, initiatives and special projects, such as Health for Humanity and Global Community Impact
- Lead and motivate direct reports, vendor partners and resources to support the development and execution of Supply Chain communication strategies
- Establish and monitor team performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments
- Promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality and the customer
- Mentor and develop team using a supportive and collaborative Credo approach
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. An Advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in corporate communication or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of people management experience is required.
- Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility and/or Sustainability communication is preferred.
- Experience working in a global function is preferred.
- Experience working in a matrix environment is preferred.
- Experience leading and influencing outside direct reporting lines is required.
- Must have key problem-solving skills in developing communication strategies and actions.
- Must possess a high degree of independent judgment and decision making.
- Up to approximately 15% domestic and international travel may be required.
- The preferred location for this position is New Brunswick, NJ, however, this role can also be located at any J&J location in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Belgium, or Switzerland.