The position of Senior Director, Global Community has become available at the United Nations Foundation.
The Senior Director, Global Community, Girl Up, leads Girl Up’s efforts to build and engage a global community of girl leaders for gender equality. The Senior Director, Global Community, Girl Up will help drive organization-wide strategic priorities and oversee Girl Up’s global impact, leadership programs, membership community, and girl-centered learning and trainings. The Senior Director, Global Community, Girl Up will serve as a member of Girl Up’s senior leadership team. S/he will also work closely with all functional team leads to ensure cohesion of organizational efforts and will represent Girl Up at external events and with partners as needed.
- Contribute significantly to Girl Up’s strategic planning process and advance organizational strategic priorities as part of Girl Up’s senior leadership team;
- Lead, manage, and support the Global Community department within Girl Up including overseeing the hiring, trainings, and professional development of talent;
- Lead business and strategic planning and reporting efforts related to programs, learning and community;
- Oversee the design and execution of leadership programs, learning content, and trainings, ensuring that every aspect of programming is aligned with Girl Up’s overarching framework and positioned to grow, retain, and train our global community;
- Oversee the implementation and integration of Girl Up’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) action plan across all Girl Up programs, learning, and community;
- Ensure that Girl Up’s standards of excellence for program quality, learning content, member engagement, and safety and wellness are met or exceeded;
- Ensure all program deliverables are met across Girl Up funding and collaboration partnerships;
- Oversee organizational monitoring and evaluation (M&E) practices including both internal and external evaluations of programmatic work;
- Drive global organizational partnerships and collaborations that further Girl Up’s contribution to achieving global gender equality;
- Serve as lead focal point with development team on fundraising pitches and revenue generation strategies related to programs and community engagement to ensure long-term sustainability of Girl Up programming;
- Oversee the development of new program opportunities;
- Represent Girl Up at external events and speaking engagements, and to current and potential Girl Up funding and other partners as needed;
- Work closely across Girl Up leadership to ensure a strong flow of information and a consistently cohesive organization;
- Manage programmatic aspects of annual organizational budget;
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree required.
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in related field with strong track record of success.
- Experience with global girls’ leadership development programming.
- Teaching experience or education background preferred.
- Advanced experience with driving organizational and program strategy, curriculum development, and monitoring and evaluation efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage across a wide diversity of audiences, including youth, high-level donors, community-based organizations, corporate partners, and other stakeholders.
- International grassroots movements experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, retain, and grow strong talent.
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to execute a project from start to finish.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams.
- Excellent team-player with the ability to build consensus across different stakeholders.
- Self-starter with strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong commitment to global gender equality and cross-cultural understanding.
- Ability to travel at least 30%.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance / tardiness policy.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program