Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team. NIKE, Inc. is looking for a Senior Director, Global Sustainability Data & Analytics.
The role of the Global Sustainability Data & Analytics team is three-fold:
The single source of truth on Inc-wide sustainability performance against Nike’s 2025 targets. The team drives a robust quarterly reporting process that delivers timely, reliable and accurate data, acquires assurance on a sub-set of the critical metrics and provides the content for internal and external sustainability reporting.
- Expert understanding of corporate sustainability reporting standards: GRI, SASB. etc.
- Knowledge of environmental footprint standards: GHG Protocol, Gold Standard, etc.
- Sustainability assurance standard and process
- Robust experience with and knowledge of data integrity and reporting process governance principles
- Sustainability reporting software such as Enablon
Data products & reporting
The core capacity to perform data analysis and produce reporting. The team develops industry-leading analytics and tools to integrate sustainability into product innovation and creation, and support external visibility.
- Experience with enterprise data reporting systems and processes
- Ability to think critically; strong problem-solving skills and analytical mentality
- Motivated to seek information needed to fill data gaps by forging relationships, doing research
- Ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, and develop solution options
- Hands-on experience working with real-world advanced analytics challenges and balancing multiple projects and partners in a fast paced, dynamic and matrixed team and business environment
Business analytics & insights
The voice of science to optimize Nike’s sustainability strategy and execution. The team supports corporate & functional strategies that are science-based and deliver progress against our targets.
- Experience with material, product and enterprise environmental footprinting
- Broad knowledge of the sustainability collective action and partnership initiatives such as Science Based Target initiative, Sustainable Apparel Coalition, UNFCCC Fashion Industry Charter for Climate Action, etc.
- Experience performing life cycle assessment (LCA), understanding of LCA standards (ISO) and ability to interpret LCA studies
- Working understanding of the apparel industry supply chain and dynamics
- Masters in a quantitative degree (Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Economics etc.) or MBA highly preferred.
- Excellent communications skills and proven track record of leading high profile projects in global environment to deliver results
- At least 15 years professional experience with a minimum of 8 years in corporate sustainability.
- Deep understanding of sustainability issues, positions, and trends. Experience with corporate sustainability standards, from environmental footprinting to reporting
- Experience leading large teams, encouraging new leaders and helping analytics professionals grow and advance in their careers
- Enjoys working across cultures and geographies; ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis, including presenting before audiences of various sizes and cultures