Job opening for Senior Director, Partnerships & Engagement, Sustainable Manufacturing and Sourcing at Nike.
This role will lead the team responsible for developing and executing our strategy with external partners including NGOs, multi-stakeholder initiatives and colleges and universities in support of Sustainable Manufacturing’s vision to create a world-class manufacturing sourcebase
In collaboration with senior leaders across Nike, including Global Sustainabilty, you will represent the company, and guide the strategy for how we engage in industry coalitions and with leading external stakeholders in business, NGO’s and academics in support of our mission to engage the worker and reduce environmental impact to drive business growth.
Leadership, partnership, and influencing skills are key to the role. Subject matter expertise in sustainability (social and environmental) and business experience related to contract manufacturing is critical to your success in this role.
You are committed to a vision of system change for the industry. You will work to drive supply chain transparency. You work to listen to people and find ways to build consensus and collaboration. You are a skilled communicator with exceptional political acumen. You remain calm in complex negotiations. You identify opportunities to drive supply chain transparency in support of business goals. You are comfortable managing complex issues to resolution. You look for ways to innovate and drive efficiency.
What you bring to Nike
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Masters degree in business preferred
- 10+ years professional experience in business, sustainability, or operations
- Management-level strategic planning and performance management experience is required (8+ years)
- At least 3 to 5 years management experience
- Strong business acumen, superior quantitative and analytical problem solving skills, systems thinking
- Extensive and proven leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a simple, easily understood to diverse groups of stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead collaboration across diverse teams within a large organization and inspire confidence to motivate groups collectively to meet common objectives
- Strong issues management skills
- Proven ability to interact with all levels, partnering, facilitating, and influencing
- Ability to network, influence, and utilize internal and external resources
- Ability to travel 30% of the time