Wanted!! World class sustainability engagement leader to help the LEGO Group join forces with partners to build a bright future for children.
The LEGO Group is embarking on an ambitious journey to accelerate its efforts to build a more sustainable world for future generations. Over the next three years it will invest up to USD400 million to bring learning through play to children in need; have a positive impact on the environment through its products and operations, and build an inclusive workplace for all.
We know we can’t do it alone, so we are joining forces with children and parents, NGO’s, governments, partner organisations and employees. To help make it happen we are looking for a world-class sustainability communication & engagement leader who will be motivated by:
- COMMUNICATION & ENGAGEMENT STRATEGY: Create and successfully execute a compelling and impactful multi-year engagement strategy to support the sustainability and social responsibility ambitions.
- PARTNER ENGAGEMENT: Engage a broad network of external and internal partners across multiple channels, platforms and activities to advance the company’s reputation. Design and deliver engagement activities that reflect the LEGO® brand values – creative and fun with lasting impact – and fully leverage owned, earned and paid channels.
- ISSUES MANAGEMENT: Proactively and effectively track, manage and respond to issues that have the potential to impact reputation.
- REPORTING: Handle our sustainability reporting to ensure it is outstanding, relevant and impactful.
- AGENCY MANAGEMENT: Lead a network of agencies, including a team from the LEGO Group’s internal agency, to deliver campaigns & engagement activities that inspire, entertain and get people to think and act.
- INSPIRING PEOPLE LEADER, WITH STRONG BIAS TO ACTION: Lead a small but mighty team of passionate sustainability communicators and communication specialists.
- IMPACT: Use world-leading data and analytics to track and evolve communication and engagement activity to ensure the greatest impact amongst selected partners.
Purpose driven, team player
The Senior Director, Sustainability Engagement will report to the Vice President, Corporate Brand Communications. The role is part of the Corporate Affairs team, which comprises Corporate Communication, Environmental Responsibility, Social Responsibility and Government Affairs. Together with a small team of four dedicated professionals, the successful Senior Director will collaborate with all Corporate Affairs subject areas in order to deliver a successful engagement program.
Do you have what it takes?
On top of a Bachelor or above in Communication, you bring a strong communications and engagement track record within sustainability, ESG and social responsibility. You have extensive experience (15+ years) within this field from an inhouse and/or agency context. Moreover, you bring:
- Outstanding communicator, who can personally influence and has a deep understanding how to engage partners through different communication channels and activities.
- Able to be an effective, caring leader AND willing to take action when it comes to implementing.
- Proactive “Can do” attitude and an awesome teammate
- Exceptional English written and spoken is crucial