Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior EHSS Environmental Specialist.
The Senior EHSS Environmental Specialist will lead environmental activities at a diverse, high tech end to end manufacturing facility with research and development and distribution operations. Monitoring and evaluating EHSS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHSS environmental program to make it leaner and more efficient. This position is the EHSS leader for the environmental management system and reducing the site environmental footprint.
- Environmental Technical lead for EHSS programs that support execution of the J&J EHSS Policy and drives continuous improvement.
- Lead projects requiring advanced knowledge of environmental principles, practices and regulatory requirements from identification of potential risk to analysis of the level of risk to the implementation of appropriate control measures.
- Evaluate, review and develop programs and assess compliance to assure that workplace conditions align with all federal, state, local government and company environmental requirements and develop and implement corrective and preventive actions for identified EHSS risks.
- Review new regulations from outside agencies and new J&J EHSS policies and procedures against current site programs and practices for gaps, opportunities for improvement and/or removal of non-value-added activities.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to site personnel as the need arises to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and requirements. Support and facilitate site EHSS teams to ensure implementation of the EHSS program.
- Develop, track and report key performance indicators and metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferable in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or Engineering.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in EHSS.
- Experience in identifying, evaluating and controlling environmental risks in the workplace.
- Technical experience in diverse EHSS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, chemical handling, and environmental management systems.
- EHSS auditing experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills and good interpersonal skills are required. .
- Knowledge in United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- The ability to be exposed to working conditions such as work from ladders, elevated surfaces, platforms, high energy sources, controlled chemical substances, controlled infectious agents and noise required. The ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods and perform repetitive tasks such as lifting, carrying, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing required.
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- This position could require up to 10% travel both domestic and/or international.
- Standard hours are 800am-500pm, but may require off-shift hours, including weekends, as needed by business and for site related activities.
- Physical requirements may include working from ladders, elevated surfaces, platforms, high energy sources, controlled chemical substances, controlled infectious agents and high noise areas.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Report creation, generation and record keeping systems experience.
- Technical experience in diverse EHSS areas including but not limited to machine safety, electrical safety, lockout/tagout and contractor safety.