Amazon’s Sustainability team is looking for an experienced, customer obsessed, hard-working and detail-oriented candidate to join their team. This person will join and support their growing Worldwide Sustainability team.
The Senior Manager should be comfortable in both an ambiguous, self-sufficient role, as well as one of team support and interaction. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of working with projects to their completion. The candidate should be motivated, agile, with strong time management and product management skills, and is technical and analytical. At the core of the position is the ability to build customer-facing tools that treat waste as a valuable resource.
- Champion for maximizing the value of products and packaging at end of life
- Manage relationship with external service providers and downstream customers
- Coordinate integration with a wide variety of internal technical teams
- Develop product requirements and drive long-term product vision
- Develop and report metrics to evaluate impact
- Develop new strategies to promote Circular Economy beyond Amazon’s four walls
- Professionally communicate and present to key decision makers and leaders
- Meet with and receive feedback from project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans with your stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or relevant field of study
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in program/project management in circular economy.
- Track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously in an environment that moves quickly
- Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize constantly evolving workload.
- Passion for circular economy, sustainability and technology
- The candidate must also be a strong leader who can drive consensus and be an excellent communicator who can articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives.
- MBA or related Master’s Degree
- Innate desire for excellence in all endeavors that is infectious and sets the bar for the team
- Successful track record leading product development from idea to execution
- Experience working with policymakers and navigating government oversight
- Attention to detail in process improvement and data analysis.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience with SQL, ETL and data warehousing concepts