There is a new opportunity at Starbucks for a Senior Manager, Corporate Affairs EMEA.
As a key member of the regional Public Affairs function, this role leads on corporate communications for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) driving the growth agenda storytelling as well as protect corporate reputation across its company operated and licensed estate.
The senior manager, corporate affairs role will actively promote the growth agenda of Starbucks within the EMEA region through store openings, introduction of new technology, investments and service models. Serving as spokesperson for regional and local market needs this person will be responsible for maintain as well as establishing relationships with media and third-party stakeholders on behalf of Starbucks. This person will also act as the primary point of contact for any reputational issues, leading a comprehensive crisis communications strategy that can span geographies and languages for a global retailer.
Summary Of Key Responsibilities
- Help drive the corporate communication strategy and plan development for the EMEA region based on the regional business strategy
- Promote reputation and business through support of regional narrative; corporate media strategy and relations; executive engagement strategy and spokesperson development
- Leverage resources across the region and work with the in-house and agency teams to evolve our communications programme to support effective storytelling across the region
- Provide communications support to 44 regional markets
- Protect Starbucks reputation with customers, media, stakeholders and partners by overseeing Starbucks reactive media relations and supporting the corporate affairs vice president on issues management with key markets and licensees
- Develop and drive strategy for executive communications both internally and with media/external stakeholders; develop positioning plans and dedicated narrative for a range of EMEA leadership
- Serve as spokesperson as needed for regional and local market needs and create relationships with media stakeholders engagement for Starbucks
- Serve as a comms liaison for the following cross function teams: Brand, Operations, HR, Leadership, Global Comms and Global Policy.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Enthusiasm, strategic thinking and can-do attitude
- Superb writing skills and ability to communicate brilliantly through storytelling-led narratives
- Experience of media relations in international markets
- Experience leading executive communications and positioning programmes
- Experience of government relations in international markets
- Experience of strategic comms work gathered in-house or at a PR agency
- Understanding of communications pressures on global retail brand
- Consumes and is interested in media and current affairs
- Monitors the brand and participates in digital channels
- Experience of managing projects and assembled cross functional teams
- Experience of creating photographic and video (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience of internal comms (desirable)