A job opportunity is available at Stryker as Senior Manager, Corporate Responsibility.
About the job
This role is part of the Communications, Public Affairs and Corporate Marketing team at Stryker’s corporate office. As a member of the Corporate Responsibility team, this role will be a key architect and operational lead for disclosures, reporting and initiatives to strengthen the company reputation and increase awareness and education of our corporate responsibility efforts.
This person will support our Senior Director of Corporate Responsibility in working across the business, regions and functions to develop our approach and recommendations to CR-related disclosures and reporting. They will also assist in scoping, vetting and managing external vendors on select engagements (e.g., technical writing, materiality assessments, project management). This person will implement a range of activities which are designed to have a positive impact on our Corporate Responsibility strategy and in the communities where our employees live and work. They will develop materials to help us communicate programs and progress to our stakeholders. This person will also liaise with internal stakeholders to advance CR goals and reporting.
This professional may work remotely.
Who We Want
Dedicated achiever. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets expectations.
Detail-oriented process improver. You are a critical thinker who naturally sees opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
Self-directed initiator. You take ownership of your work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
Collaborative partner. You build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights.
What You Will Do
- Manage multiple stakeholder groups and cultivate strong relationships with business leaders, cross-functional/divisional partners and external parties
- Work independently to manage corporate responsibility projects in alignment with the company strategy, CR strategy, functional objectives and team goals
- Develop and lead programs/initiatives, setting direction and executing company-level projects of varying scopes (from research to enterprise-wide launches); accountable for projects end-to-end
- Create company-level communications and collateral (e.g., e-news, town halls, Stryker.com, intranet, Comprehensive Report)
- Manage select ESG related reporting and disclosures
- Develop and implement employee engagement strategies
- Ensure consistent processes, messaging and branding for company-wide corporate responsibility programs, activities and materials.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sustainability, economics, communications, or other relevant field. Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years of work experience required, with 5+ years’ work experience in CR, ESG, responsible investing, sustainability / social responsibility, communications, or related area in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment
- Strong facilitation, consulting, relationship-building, influence, negotiation skills, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated business and analytical ability with a proven ability to build relationships and influence different groups
- Capability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Skilled with change processes in complex systems
- Execution-oriented, self-starter and self-navigator who can prioritize high-value projects versus tasks in a fast-paced environment, and balance demands of multiple projects and stakeholders
- Solution-oriented team player who can work independently, but collaboratively within a cross-functional / cross-cultural and international business environment
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to influence without direct reporting structure at all levels
- Ability to engender trust and maintain credibility internally and externally
- Strong project management skills
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PPT
- Highly proficient user of SharePoint and file sharing programs
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Interest in ESG-related areas, including investing and reporting, employee engagement, multi-channel communications, stakeholder engagement, corporate responsibility and thought leadership
- Experience working on innovative projects and programs from ground up
- Analytical and creative skills to crystalize details and data into simple and visually appealing presentations