Exciting new opportunity at Johnson & Johnson for a Senior Manager, Energy & Conservation. The role can be based in New Brunswick, NJ, throughout the US, Puerto Rico, or Brazil.
The Senior Manager, Energy & Conservation will develop climate-friendly policies, conducting outreach, administering energy efficiency / clean energy programs, and achieving sustainability/energy performance ratings to reduce risk and deliver savings while improving climate.
- Collaborate with Global E&C Director to determine short- and long-range goals and objectives for the program and establish program priorities, milestones, and deadlines
- Support development and deployment of policies, standards, and strategy globally for energy and conservation (E&C) including:
- Climate-friendly policies and outreach
- Energy and water efficiency and clean energy
- Sustainability energy performance ratings
- Manage development and implementation of E&C operations to align with overall business objectives
- Serve as an expert in organizing large/complex energy and conservation design initiatives
- Govern energy management systems on a regional (local) basis
- Ensure effective technologies are incorporated into E&C design standards
- Facilitate energy procurement process in region inclusive of clean energy options
- Responsible for horizon scanning and energy-related regulatory needs in the region (i.e. EPA or EU ETS).
- Participate in regional peer groups and government/non-government organizations to represent JnJ
- Develop and vet new technologies in the region
- Develop improvements for construction and major renovation projects through the evaluation of energy and sustainable design technologies and strategies
- Manage supplier selection and contract negotiations for key energy and conservation initiatives, in coordination with Procurement and the FM Global Services Strategy and Governance team
- Establish effective communication with vendors to ensure product, service and quality standards
- Manage data collection and analytics to measure performance against energy, water efficiency, and clean energy goals in coordination with the FM Performance Management Specialist
- Conduct industry benchmarking for energy and water efficiency, on-site clean energy use, and a low carbon value chain
- Collaborate with regional COE leadership and regional FM operations organization to manage energy and conservation-related nuances among region to ensure successful program implementation and management
- Partner with COE and EHS&S to deliver J&J Citizenship and Sustainability program goals
- Develop local programs and rollout methodology to implement FM Energy & Conservation initiatives in the region
- Provide consulting and coaching service to sites in region on executing energy and conservation initiatives
- Develop projects for the Make organization related to energy and conservation goals and strategy
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of energy and conservation programs on facilities and systems
- Act as SPOC for sustainability initiatives that are all-encompassing of or unique to an individual J&J business segment
- Build and maintain key relationships through communication and coordination with FM regional leads as appropriate, to ensure successful implementation and management of the FM program across regions while managing nuances of unique sub-regions.