Exciting new opportunity at Starbucks for a Senior Manager, Environmental Impact- Global Responsibility-Seattle, WA.
Job Summary And Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by leading a global team focused on developing and implementing initiatives, programs and activities within Global Responsibility (GR) that are specifically related to environmental impact and sustainability for Starbucks. Incumbent works with other areas of Global Responsibility and cross-functional management to implement company projects and programs. Sets programmatic direction and oversees the implementation of environmental strategy, policy and program programs that fulfill the Company’s commitment to leadership in the GR arena. Communicates Starbucks leadership position in sustainability, internally and externally. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary Of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Planning and Execution
- Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Recommends strategies for proactively addressing relevant GR issues impacting/potentially impacting the Company.
- Assist in developing annual operating plan, budget and quarterly forecast updates.
- Collaborates with the business units and/or functional areas in managing issues and implementing programs and processes to address issues within the individual’s area of responsibility.
- Identifies risks and opportunities using appropriate performance metrics and drives program and initiative refinements based on performance metrics.
- Manages programs and initiatives which keep Starbucks in a leadership position within GR.
- Business Requirements
- Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities
- Collaborates with other business units and/or functional areas and helps develop plans to manage the Company’s GR issues related to ethical sourcing of manufactured goods.
- Develops solutions and drives strategic cross-functional collaboration to promote effective program implementation
- Maintains external relationships and develops channels for dialogue with key GR stakeholders, influencers and organizations.
- Leads programs, strategic initiatives, communications and structural support to improve the performance of global and regional factories that provide manufactured goods around the world.
- Develops strategy to improve high-risk supply chains and aligns key stakeholders (SCO and suppliers) with plans for implementation and monitoring performance.
- Manages strategic relationships on behalf of the Company with the appropriate non-governmental organizations, business associations and public agencies
- Provides subject matter expertise on GR implications of business issues.
- Researches and communicates the potential impact of emerging GR issues on company programs and businesses, including the assessment of reputational and strategic impacts of business initiatives. Provides data to appropriate leaders and influences leaders to consider risk mitigation in their decisions.
- Partner Development & Team Building
- Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
Summary of Experience
- Cross sector experience in identification of and addressing environmental issues (7 years)
- Direct work experience related to the specific GR function in a progressive organizational (7 years)
- Experience managing and deploying comprehensive programs to address GR issues across internal and external stakeholder groups (7 years)
- Leading and facilitating cross-functional groups (7 years)
- Developing and tracking budgets and financial information (5 years)
- Experience managing the activities of external consultants (5 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project management and change management processes
- Strong organizational and project management skills cross-functional projects and activities