Starbucks has a job opening for a Senior Manager, Government Affairs, Global Public Policy.
This position contributes to Starbucks success by leading the development and management of initiatives, programs, and activities related to regional government affairs and public policy. Assists in establishing the Company’s regional government relations objectives and advances the company’s community and policy interests in the Pacific Northwest region. In addition, this position contributes to company’s success by implementing region-specific strategies and programs that complement the Company’s overall government affairs, community relations, and store operations goals. The position supports regional operations business issues, public and partner safety, and regulatory management needs. The position maintains internal and external relationships to enable the Company to execute against its priorities. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key community and government stakeholders in the pacific northwest region to promote Starbucks mission and values and enhance leadership.
- Work with the public policy and government affairs team to create consistent and cohesive policy positions on a host of issues affecting Starbucks including public safety, sustainability, packaging, labor, tax, food and beverage regulation, data privacy, land use, and a range of other issues affecting the company’s business operations.
- Collaborate with the Starbucks Global Social Impact and Public Policy (GSIPP) team to inform public policy strategies and positions for Starbucks.
- Respond to inquiries from local and state governmental officials and community leaders as needed.
- Understand and navigate the intricacies of the business, community, associations, local government, law enforcement, and non-profits interests.
- Represent Starbucks at local and regional civic meetings and events
- Develop and maintain internal relationships with Starbucks functional and regional operations teams.
- Work together with internal teams on outreach events, public affairs opportunities, and other engagement opportunities.
- Aid the business in compliance with local regulatory issues in the pacific northwest region.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in political science, public policy, communications or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Practiced facilitator with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience working with policymakers and influencers.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- Self-starter with excellent judgement and high integrity.
- Skilled in use and business computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Years of experience in specific field or utilizing designated skills: At least 3+ years diversified experience in public policy, preferably in government or corporate environment