Dentsu is recruiting for the position of Senior Manager, Policy and Advocacy (Social Impact & Sustainability).
The Senior Manager, Global Policy and Advocacy is responsible for developing Social Impact & Sustainability policy, and establishing and managing our engagement with special stakeholders and platforms to further the Social Impact objectives and goals. This role will work in collaboration with subject matter experts within the Global Social Impact team as well as functional, regional and commercial leadership teams across the globe. The role holder will activate the strategy through new and existing partnerships and work in close collaboration with the global communications team to ensure stakeholder engagement align and reinforce Dentsu’s wider strategy and build brand and reputation. A spokesperson and thought leader, the role holder will have strong and well-established network within the sustainability and digital media communities.
The role holder will
- Work with the Chief Sustainability Officer to develop a strategy and plan for targeted stakeholder engagement to advance the Social Impact strategy and goals
- Establish and manage global partnerships and initiatives to accelerate progress, engage stakeholders and raise awareness of Dentsu’s role in driving delivery of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, including the United Nations, WEF, Ad Net Zero, Sustainable Brands, R100 and Responsible Media Forum
- Monitor the external policy landscape to inform Social Impact policy and ensure Dentsu’s external policy position align with internal policies and programmes.
- Support in the development of global strategy, including research, analysis and goal setting informed by deep understanding of stakeholder policy and the global stakeholder landscape.
- Create briefing documents, presentations and core messaging for senior leadership and key events to ensure alignment with Social Impact strategy and policy positions.
- Represent Dentsu International at global platforms and events, sharing industry insights and build strong networks to help drive progress towards the Social Impact goals.
- Collaborate with global communications and marketing teams to create thought leadership and generate awareness and advocacy of Dentsu’s Social Impact strategy internally and externally.
- 10 years in sustainability and corporate affairs or related roles plus relevant experience in strategy, marketing, media relations or policy.
- Expertise in managing and implementing corporate affairs strategies for business and brands (in-house or agency) focused on sustainability in particular in the areas of climate action, sustainable consumption, responsible media and digital policy.
- Degree level qualified, masters preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal and experience of engaging at Csuite level.
- Proven track record of creating, implementing and driving policy in multi-cultural environments, and of integrating global policy into business strategy.
- Established networks across industry, NGOs, government and academia.
- In depth knowledge of sustainability and related disciplines as well as market trends and relevant frameworks and policies eg the UN Sustainable Development Goals, UN Global Compact etc.
- Knowledge of global climate policy, platforms and expert stakeholders including those related to carbon, biodiversity loss, circular economy, water and waste (inc plastic).
- Knowledge of digital policy and regulation including digital inclusion, skills, internet safety, digital health and wellbeing, ethics, privacy and responsible media. Comprehensive understanding of human rights in a digital world.
- Expertise in corporate communications, public affairs, consumer affairs, investor relations, managing brand and reputational risk
- Creative, strategic, analytical and innovative with the ability to translate data into strategy and initiatives Analysing research,
- A self-starter, with an experience in diplomatically resolving issues through understanding conflicting inputs, achieving alignment, and proposing go-forward solutions.
- Ability to influence and mobilise cross-functional and multi-cultural stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- A thought leader who promotes collaboration and good teamwork
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to translate complex information in to engaging strategies and proposals
- Fluent English, second language preferred.
You will enjoy working in our team and perform well if you can answer “yes” to the following
- Can you get valuable things done even when there are multiple barriers to doing so?
- Are your default settings energetic, optimistic, actions focused, solutions focused?
- Can you thrive in a very agile, constantly and rapidly changing environment?
- Are you resilient and able to roll with the punches?
- Are you a self-starter able to move forward with minimal direction and without full clarity?
- Are you an excellent influencer able to get people on board with your ideas?
- Can you communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively (even on technical subjects) with time poor stakeholders?
- Do you have a strong attention to detail, taking pride in delivering first class outputs?
- Do you have an ‘easy user interface?’
- Do you intuitively know when to challenge and when to pull back and/or try another route to getting what you need from people?
- Are you adept at pulling out approaches and learnings and developing these for use at scale?
- Are you hardwired with a mentality of reflect, learn, share, improve?
- Are you collaborative by nature?
- Do you prioritize business and team outcomes over your own?
- Can you work well alone on projects and as part of a team (whether in the office or remotely)?