The Hain Celestial Group is looking for a Senior Manager, Sustainability.
Support the strategic planning and implementation of company-wide sustainability initiatives for Hain Celestial. Ensure that all sustainability initiatives contribute to the Company’s overall business objectives, designed to enhance the experiences of our customers and consumers, promote shareholder value and benefit our employees and the communities in which we work. Develop meaningful programs in collaboration with key internal stakeholders across the global enterprise, with a focus on North America.
- Enhance and oversee a sustainability program that measures Hain Celestial’s key environmental, governance and social impacts in support of the vision and strategy of the Board of Directors and the Company’s leadership
- Lead the effort to implement the integrated sustainability strategy, with associated goals and metrics designed to drive business results, enhance employee engagement, reduce risk, ensure continuity and enhance brand value
- Track progress on integrating responsible practices into core business operations and identify opportunities for product innovation, cultural development and growth
- Collaborate with Hain’s internal groups (e.g., plant operations, engineering, compliance, supply chain, marketing, etc.) to develop specific metrics to support the overall plan
- Serve as the internal leader and subject matter expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating and educating others on relevant topics
- Provide insight and direction regarding sustainability/renewable trends and provide guidance on commercial benefits of sustainable initiatives
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to develop internal and external communication strategies to publicize the company’s sustainability effort and promote broad awareness of initiatives
- Coordinate annual reporting events and engage with key external stakeholders and influencers
- Provide guidance on the Company’s responses to questions or statements of position on sustainability matters including potential policy positions
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience developing sustainability programs and initiatives for public corporations, preferably within the CPG space
- Strong network within sustainability, environmental and other related communities
- Strong collaborator and proven influencer, with a demonstrated ability to work closely with internal business units
- Results-oriented with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities, with strong organization and prioritization capability
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to translate and communicate complex information in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
- Exceptional ability to build consensus across a wide range of constituents.
- A focus on continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrated mature leadership skills, balanced with a hands-on approach
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to translate and communicate complex information in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.