Gap has an opening for a Senior Manager – Sustainability.
About The Role
Reporting to the SVP of Gap brand global Production, the Sr. Manager of Sustainability is responsible for defining and implementing Gap’s bold social and environmental sustainability vision, goals and strategy across all GS & GO product categories, our growing customer base, our global supply chain and our employees.
The Sr. Manager of Sustainability creates and executes the strategic direction and plans for a Division or multiple Divisions. This role will also work with a cross-functional team that includes; Design, Gap Inc. Sourcing (GIS), Merchandising, R&D, Tech Services, IM, Allocation Communications, Marketing and Inc. Global Sustainability, responsible for integrating sustainability into product and strategies to support the end-to-end process.
The role will leverage the enterprise sustainability team for shared services such as measurement, tools & resources, tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs), as well as internal and external reporting. This role will further serve as the Gap brand point person for enterprise sustainability priorities in key impact pillars including woman’s empowerment, water, climate and waste.
What you’ll do
- Build and implement Gap brand sustainability strategy
- Project manage all brand sustainability projects, deliver to budget expectations, report on progress and escalate critical issues
- Drive integration of product sustainability goals into the brand LRPs and Product Strategy roadmaps
- Support training, education and awareness building on product sustainability and circular product design
- Serve as technical subject matter expert on product sustainability – attributes, certifications, social & environmental impact
- Drive internal reporting on brand product sustainability progress and goals
- Maintain up-to-date industry/competitor benchmarking on product sustainability developments, targets, goals
- Partner with Gap brand marketing team to ensure accurate product sustainability claims and messaging
- Support product sustainability marketing claims approval process
- Engage with cross-functional business partners in product design, merchandising, production and sourcing to drive sustainable product strategies
- Identify and support external engagement opportunities for the brand across publications, speaking opportunities, and conferences
Who you are
- Background in apparel product development
- Social & environmental sustainability expertise
- Technical fabric expert, ideally with experience in fabric mill, product development
- A stronger innovator, Influencer, collaborator
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously under minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work across geographies and cultures
- Specific understanding of P2M process and sustainable production methods preferred
- Ability to work to tight timelines
- Attention to detail while effectively handling multiple demands and competing priorities
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business