Gap Inc. has an opening for a Senior Manager, Sustainability Operations at Old Navy.
About the role
Reporting to Old Navy’s SVP Production, the Sr. Manager Sustainability Operations is responsible for operationalizing Old Navy’s ambitious sustainability strategy across all Old Navy product categories, stores, our global supply chain. The Sr. Manager Sustainability Operations will also work with a cross-functional team to bring to life Old Navy’s sustainability strategy in direct product roadmaps and long-range plans (LRPs), collaborating with Design, Production, Fabric R&D, Mill Management, Vendor Management, Merchandising, and Marketing.
what you’ll do
- Serve as technical subject matter expert on sustainability – product attributes, preferred materials, sustainable product landscapes, sustainability certifications, environmental impact and sustainable product creation.
- Identify and engage X-functional partners on sustainability opportunities aligned to Old Navy sustainability and product strategies
- Own the operationalization of Old Navy’s sustainability roadmap, including integration to Old Navy’s LRPs and Product Strategy roadmaps, deliver to budget expectations, report on progress, and escalate critical issues as needed
- Engage with GIS and central team to eliminate redundancy, drive reliability and simplicity in capturing metrics and all reporting
- Own creation of internal reporting and metrics on sustainability
- Partner with Old Navy brand marketing team on sustainability claims and messaging to ensure they’re accurate, support publications, and amplify sustainability messaging to maximize opportunities for Old Navy
- Represent Old Navy in key external engagement opportunities, including speaking opportunities, industry initiatives and sustainability conferences
- Collaborate with Gap Inc. Global Sustainability team to –
- Thought partner on Old Navy sustainability strategy
- Receive and review quarterly progress scorecard for Gap Inc. sustainability goals and initiatives, and support / participate in quarterly review meetings with Old Navy Leadership Team
- Co-create sustainability tools and training. The Sr Manager will own the execution and adoption of tools and trainings within ON
- Provide input to, and share out to Old Navy, industry/competitor benchmarking on sustainability
who you are
- Background in apparel product development is required
- Environmental sustainability expertise is required
- Technical fabric expertise / finishes is preferred
- Strong understanding of sustainability, product creation processes, sourcing and logistics, garment production, process engineering and calendar management.
- Apparel P2M experience that include variety of pipelines, responsive and understanding of product architecture.
- Knowledgeable about the retail industry, specifically as it relates to social and environmental impact, sourcing and the apparel manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated ability to frame / scope opportunities into clear and executable initiatives
- Demonstrated experience at working collaboratively with X-functional global teams, including Supply Chain
- Deep understanding of operational and process improvements that can impact P2M to deliver continuous improvement and breakthrough sustainability enhancements
- Strong Project Management skills, coupled with Change Management awareness
- Required skills include problem solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, negotiation, business acumen, and strong verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple demands and competing priorities
- Influence, collaboration and partnership skills end-to-end
- Proven ability to work across geographies and adapt style to a variety of cultural perspectives
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- 5-8 years’ experience in related field and/or organization
- Based in San Francisco, CA
- 10-15% domestic and international travel