There is an exciting and unique opportunity at Novo Nordisk for a Senior Project Manager, Sustainability.
Are you excited by leading strategy development, execution and implementation in the field of sustainability? Are you enthusiastic about helping people living with diabetes and other serious chronic diseases get access to care and affordable treatment options? Do you believe in a circular economy and are you able to motivate others to follow your lead? Then this might be the right opportunity for you!
In this role you will be a key driver in developing, executing and implementing our sustainability strategy in IO, and ensure close collaboration with IO Executive Vice President, local management, regions, and affiliates as well as sustainability functions in our headquarters:
- Establish and define key strategic priorities, continue to shape and develop sustainability strategy for IO
- Execute on selected sustainability projects within the frame of current company-wide initiatives “defeat diabetes” and “circular for zero”
- Engage with external audiences (public and private), setup new and manage existing external partnerships in the area of sustainability
- Secure proper implementation of projects, including but not limited to setting up mechanisms to motivate and engage the organisation around, track progress, provide transparency, and ensure impact creation of projects
- Position IO and Novo Nordisk as a sustainability pioneer through internal and external communication activities
This position reports to the Senior Director of the Executive Office & Sustainability, who in turn reports directly into the IO Executive Vice President.
- Education: Master of Science in Business Administration, Communications, Public Affairs, Sustainability, Medicine, Life Sciences or other related field with top grades from a leading university
- Background: Minimum 7+ years of experience within the fields of sustainability, CSR, public affairs, corporate strategy, management consulting or the like, preferably in the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Sustainability: Passionate about and interested in driving the sustainability agenda. Previous demonstrated experience in setting up and driving sustainability projects and programmes with real impact creation is considered a plus
- Stakeholder Management: Ability to drive forward the sustainability agenda based on in-depth experience in engaging with and managing stakeholder groups from diverse cultural backgrounds, internal and external audiences, and varying levels of seniority. Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and influence others based on profound indirect leadership skills
- Project Management: Strong project management skills with proven ability to initiate, scope, setup, drive and manage highly complex, global, strategic, and cross-functional projects in international matrix organisations. Ability to deal with and manage uncertainty
- Analysis & Problem Solving: Strong analytical, problem-solving and ideation skills. Able to turn complex problems into impactful solutions, and communicate these in simple and easy to understand messages
- External Partnerships: Proven ability to set up and drive external partnerships, preferably related to sustainability, in the private and public sector
- Presentation & Communication Skills: Creative personality, high attention to details and high focus on quality. Understands design, and visual engagement techniques. Able to come up with new ideas to communicate and present. Adept with new digital channels and able to engage broad audiences of stakeholders
- Language: Fluent in written and spoken English. Other language skills are considered an advantage