The Conference Board is looking for a Senior Researcher, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG).
Researches and writes, under limited supervision, publications on corporate governance and related topics for The Conference Board’s ESG Center, including data-intensive empirical reports, in-depth thematic pieces, summaries of working group and roundtable convenings, and thought-leadership pieces. Presents research findings to senior business audiences, and acts as an interface in the area of expertise within The Conference Board, members of the ESG Center, and the media.
- Designs, conducts, and manages complex thematic and benchmarking research projects. Assumes direct responsibility for each phase of the project (design, execution, and writing), with limited supervision by manager.
- Participates in, and writes reports on, working groups, roundtables, and other convenings of the ESG Center relating to corporate governance, as well as thought-leadership pieces.
- Remains apprised of the most current developments in the areas of expertise and shares those developments within the ESG Center and The Conference Board, helping to shape the ESG Center’s research and programming initiatives.
- Conducts literature searches, data-gathering activities (e.g. interviews, focus groups and survey instruments), and data analysis, using appropriate quantitative or qualitative techniques. Draws objective findings and conclusions within the limits of the research design.
- Acts as an interface in the area of expertise with members of The Conference Board and The Conference Board ESG Center, by participating in the presentation of research findings to business audiences through in-person and virtual briefings and webcasts.
- Collaborates with the editorial and production department in the timely production of research manuscripts and related deliverables.
- Collaborates with the communications department in designing and executing communication plans for research projects in development.
- Provides one-on-one expert briefings to Member companies as well as Center expert briefings to larger groups of Member companies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conduct research and write reports and other publications.
- Provide expert briefings to Members
- Proactively serve as a source of governance expertise
Knowledge And Skills
- The position requires strong analytical, writing, and editorial skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with business leaders and senior professionals.
- Prospective candidates have extensive knowledge of at least one of the following business areas: corporate governance, risk management, and business compliance/ethics.
Education And Experience Requirements
- A graduate degree in law, finance, business administration, or related area.
- Minimum 10 years of post-college experience is required.
- A track record of empirical publications in ESG is necessary. Three writing samples and a list of prior publications must be submitted with the application. Applications will be considered only after writing samples and a list of publications are submitted.