Starbucks is recruiting for a Now Brewing – sr. Specialist, sustainability engagement and marketing.
As a Starbucks core member of our global sustainability team, you will . . .
leverage your creativity, initiative, and communications skills to ACTIVATE THE MOVEMENT, which means you will inspire Starbucks partners and customers to join us on our journey to become ‘resource positive’. Last January we announced our aspiration to give back more than we take from the planet by storing more carbon than we emit, replenishing more water than we use, and eliminating waste. You will drive engagement and activation on sustainability through communications, events, stakeholder connections, and project and campaign management.
Leveraging Your Previous Experience, We Will Enable You To
- Manage our online community of 20,000+ “greener apron partners” – employees who have enrolled to be champions of sustainability for our company
- Create and manage a communications calendar and workplan
- Develop exciting and fun activation campaigns, write stakeholder communications and newsletters, and produce podcasts and events to amplify the impact of our sustainability work
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, brand, public affairs, coffee and social impact teams to support stakeholder outreach and coordination for our large campaigns and announcements
- Contribute to projects on ad hoc basis in support of the Sustainability Team’s operational goals for climate, water, waste, and people strategies.
We’d Love To Hear From People With
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Graphic design/visual design experience in PPT or other software (preferred)
- 3+ years corporate social responsibility, communications/marketing or community engagement and organizing (preferred)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly, persuasively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and database programs
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility issues relevant to Starbucks
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis of corporate social responsibility issues
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a variety of people at all organizational levels