Quantis are hiring a Senior Sustainability Consultant with Project Management expertise, to lead the delivery of client sustainability solutions and develop client relationships for the US West Coast office.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You have 5-7 years’ sustainability consulting or other sustainability experience showing a strong understanding of sustainability topics, services, and client needs relevant to Quantis.
- You have knowledge and experience with project management, as well as project leadership approaches and best practices.
- You have a combination of technical sustainability knowledge (such as in corporate impact footprinting) and strategic capabilities (such as materiality assessment and sustainability strategy development). Specific knowledge and experience with sustainability issues in the food & agriculture, apparel, cosmetics, and/or consumer electronics industries is helpful.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills (presentations, proposals).
- You’re strong in analyzing and understanding market and target client dynamics.
- You have good skills in developing relationships with existing and new clients, internal team members, collaborators.
- You have leadership, coaching, mentoring skills.
- You are resilient, perseverant, and self-motivated.
- You are skilled in generating valuable insights from analysis, and in communicating these insights clearly and compellingly.
- You have the ability to guide a team to work quickly, independently, and on schedule, while maintaining high quality and a highly positive team energy and spirit.
- You are team-oriented and demonstrate a collaborative spirit.
- You have proven ability to network effectively.
As a project management focused Senior Consultant for our West Coast office, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Leading and providing project management of client projects in various Quantis service areas (approximately 50-60% of time).
- Developing and enhancing relationships with current and potential clients; developing new business opportunities with current and new clients (approximately 25-30% of time).
- Other needs identification and leadership activities (approximately 10-15% of time).
- Providing coaching, guidance, and mentoring to less experienced team members in areas of specific knowledge and experience.
- Supporting internal Quantis initiatives as agreed upon.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues when co-designing or co-delivering a project.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy or authority, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see setbacks as lessons learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some other details to consider:
- Location: This position will be associated with our emerging US West Coast office; possible remote/work from home flexibility for right candidate / situation.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Ability to travel, approximately 15% of work time for client or internal Quantis work, conferences, etc.