ITV is looking for a Senior Sustainability Manager to join the Social Purpose team.
This role is responsible for leading the delivery of our ambitious climate targets, working with senior stakeholders across ITV, external consultancies and industry bodies to develop the action plans, monitor and communicate progress.
This role will encourage new sustainable innovations, share best practice, and inspire action off screen within ITV as well as on screen to the Great British Public.
This role entails…
What we need is someone with the knowledge, enthusiasm and influencing skills to ensure ITV meets its ambitious climate action targets. They will also need the attention to detail to ensure accurate reporting of our climate action data for ITV’s Annual Report. Lastly, this role needs someone who can inspire programme makers about the opportunities for climate action on screen.
- Develop the relevant strategies and initiatives to enable ITV to deliver its 2030 climate action targets
- Lead ITV’s Green Team Steering Group to embed action throughout the organisation
- Manage disclosure and reporting to external benchmarks and indices such as CDP, TCFD, SASB and Annual Report of ITV’s climate action performance
- Work closely with ITV’s Head of Production Sustainability to reduce emissions, waste and supplier impact in productions.
- Liaise with editorial teams on ITV’s climate action plans and encourage sustainable lifestyles on screen
- Communicate internally and externally on ITV’s climate action plans via ITV social purpose website, report and social media channels as well as ITV internal comms channels
- Keep up to date with environmental legislative and regulatory developments as well as effective campaign/best practice and competitor initiatives
- Be an ambassador for ITV in public forums, conferences, industry bodies (eg albert Consortium, Responsible Media Forum) on climate actions
- Oversee ITV’s climate action data reporting for Annual and Social Purpose Reports, as well as internal quarterly reporting
What do I need to get this role/job?
- Knowledge and experience of environmental strategy and delivery
- Knowledge and experience of managing and reporting environmental data, especially scope 1,2 & 3 emissions data
- Experience of CDP disclosures preferred
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Effective project management experience
- Training or professional qualifications in environmental sustainability preferred.
Please note: Environmental knowledge is essential for this role.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader, we have committed to interview all candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role. (minimum criteria above)
- An effective and influential communicator
- Creative thinking
- Adaptive, proactive and enthusiastic
- Good inter personal skills
- Effective writing skills. Ability to tailor narrative to suit diverse stakeholders and platforms
- Project management experience
- Self motivated, able to use initiative and proactively work alone as well as in a team
- Ability to work under pressure, multi task and manage several tasks and projects at the same time