Moody’s Corporation has an opening for Senior Vice President – ESG.
The Role / Responsibilities
The position will be the senior EMEA representative for the ESG team, with primary oversight for all ESG outreach and engagements in EMEA and APAC. The successful candidate will also be the global coordinator for MIS ESG research and outreach. A particular focus will be the co-ordination of a high quality and impactful research suite exploring the credit implications of ESG for credit coupled with a holistic digital and in person outreach strategy to maximise the impact of that research.
ESG integration is a fast-growing trend in the fixed income market and an emerging and highly important area of focus at MIS. This is a very challenging, high profile opportunity to be part of a team working to rapidly develop market-leading, innovative research solutions.
- Responsible for the coordination of MIS ESG market facing outreach in EMEA and APAC to intermediaries, investors and other market participants interested in understanding our ESG services
- Support senior level MIS global outreach to regulators, policymakers and other key influential external parties such as the TCFD and PRI.
- Drive MIS ESG’s thematic research strategy, taking responsibility for coordinating, writing and publishing a variety of cross sector reports
- Undertake high quality qualitative and quantitative analysis on broad regional, country and ESG specific themes and produce innovative and high quality research insights
- Coordinate with other rating groups in respect of their sector specific ESG research and with the communication and events teams to ensure an aligned and coordinated ESG research and outreach offering
- Work with colleagues in Moody’s Risk Assessments, 427 and Vigeo Eiris in support of Moody’s broader engagement with influential external organisations such as the TCFD, PRI and relevant investor coalition groups.
- Present at conferences, investor and internal senior management meetings
- Attend internal discussions, including ESG working group meetings, to further the development of MIS’s ESG capabilities
- Develop and maintain an understanding of key ESG issues and integration into MIS’s ratings
- Responsible for developing the ESG training program within MIS.
The role requires an experienced, highly motivated individual with direct knowledge of ESG and climate risk issues, the way in which such factors influence risk assessment and a demonstrated track record in coordinating the delivery of high-quality research and outreach. Understanding, and interest in, broader ESG and sustainability issues, and their application in the investment decision-making process, would be an advantage for the position.
- Strong analytical and technical skills developed at a bank, development institution, management consultancy or rating agency
- Detailed and extensive understanding of current trends in ESG and sustainable investing
- Track record of developing senior relationships with external organisations influential in the ESG and climate area would be advantageous
- Previous experience with the application of third party ESG or other risk research and data would be advantageous
- Previous experience in ESG integration into fixed income or equity analysis is a plus
- Experienced practitioner with demonstrated ability to work effectively with credit / equity analysts or portfolio managers, e.g. at a large institutional investor or a credit rating agency,
- Excellent communication skills, including significant experience of writing and publishing research and comfortable presenting to large and experienced audiences
- Strong collaboration skills, a track record of working successfully with multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required and graduate/second level degree (Masters, MBA) preferred
- Articulate and effective communicator in both writing and presentation
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Fluent in English; other relevant EMEA language skills are an advantage
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint; advanced knowledge of MS Excel a plus