There is an exciting opportunity at eBay for a Social Impact Manager in the UK.
This opening requires a creative strategist that will serve as an ongoing consultant/advisor. A catalyst and early stage manager for new programs and initiatives that meet our objectives and advance our reputation as a leader in driving positive change.
Specific responsibilities include:
General / strategy
- Drive strategy and programs to articulate and advance the good that happens when people connect on eBay
- Develop cross-functional internal partnerships to integrate social impact thinking and objectives into key business campaigns and projects
- Independently lead high profile projects from incubation to launch, working with multiple teams. These include brand, marketing, trading, product and legal.
- Collaborate across Global Impact sub-teams and with Local Impact teams to align on design, planning and execution of programming
- Build innovative partnerships with other leading companies and organisations in the CSR space
- Form relationships with external partner groups, including NGOs, academia and industry associations to cultivate advocacy
A project manager for Retail Revival in the UK, this position will independently lead program implementation and growth planning, including:
Operations: Support partner city research, analysis and engagement ; run scopes of work, timelines, and communications with all project partners; plan and execute program events
Content: Develop training materials and program structure with input from key internal business teams and external creative services agency
Engagement: Lead ongoing program communications with participants to maintain enthusiasm and drive participation levels
Promotion: Coordinate development and maintenance of landing page and other on-platform marketing efforts; lead involvement of outside PR agency
Strategy: Track and analyse program data to inform improvements
This opening will also focus on key charity campaigns, working creatively across the UK organisation to build awareness for eBay’s charitable efforts. This includes aligning teams in communications brand and marketing on which key calendar and consumer moments charity programme should be driven.
A background in CSR, communications, marketing or similar discipline for an online commerce, retail or technology company (7-10 years) is required.
Being able to build and maintain excellent relationships will come naturally, with the ability to influence and collaborate across all levels and locations. An excellent teammate, thriving in a rapidly changing and often ambiguous results-oriented environment, with a flexible approach!
An outstanding writer and oral communicator with validated experience ‘selling in’ ideas and concepts, getting engagement from all areas of the business.
A strong connection to the mission and vision of eBay and the Global Impact team is a requirement plus an in-depth understanding of the UK’s charitable sector.