The Skoll Foundation is recruiting for a Special Advisor.
The special advisor will be an experienced senior expert with experience within government and bi/multilateral development finance institutions. Based in D.C., this leader will help shape the Skoll Foundation’s work to extend the impact of solutions created by social entrepreneurs and other social innovators, enabling access to new networks, resources, influence, and capital and identifying new ways to drive progress on these urgent global problems.
- Collaborate with senior leadership and CEO in cultivating and building powerful relationships with key influencers in Washington, DC, in service of our agenda and our partners.
- Cultivate strong relationships across the landscape of government and bi/multilateral institutions to understand opportunities for connection and needs for solutions.
- Identify new opportunities for the Foundation to invest, connect, and champion social innovation efforts to progress towards the issues identified above.
- Be the Skoll Foundation’s lead on these relationships and related programmatic efforts.
- Collaborate with and coordinate internal Skoll Foundation stakeholders to identify and share promising solutions ripe for sharing and possible adoption.
- Help build the capacity of the organization and portfolio to work with these government and bi/multilateral institutions to understand the requirements and nuances of these partnerships and stakeholders.
- Engage with other network stakeholders and funders to build connections and knowledge exchange (e.g., through convenings).
- Partner with senior leadership and within the Strategy Office in the creation of this area of practice within the Skoll Foundation.
- Excellent advocacy, consensus-building, coalition-building, and leadership skills; demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively with other staff and other organizations; demonstrated ability to work with groups and individuals across the political spectrum.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral; experience as a public spokesperson and advocate.
- Ability to analyze and articulate legal concepts and other complex issues and communicate them to various audiences.
- A “quick study” on a dynamic array of issues.
- Provide leadership, along with other staff and partner organizations in the development and implementation of policy priorities and strategy.
- Experience in cultivating relationships with diverse stakeholders over time to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated international experience with multi-lingual capacity strongly preferred.
- Experience collaborating with external partners to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Comfort working in ambiguous settings, building buy-in to test and iterate new ideas. Commitment to understanding and eradicating systemic racial inequity.
- Experience conducting outreach and engagement with globally and racially diverse groups.