As Jazz Pharmaceuticals continues to grow its portfolio of products, there is an exciting opportunity to join the Company’s Corporate Affairs & Government Relations team as Sr. Director, Corporate Sustainability & Social Impact and have an immediate and long-term impact.
This exciting new role will lead the development, and execution of corporate sustainability and social impact strategy, including global stakeholder engagement, philanthropy, corporate social responsibility (CSR), and social impact programs across the company’s global sites. This person will have a critical role in aligning our social impact strategy with our business goals, helping the Company live into our purpose and drive the strategy across the company, bringing a focus on health equity and other critical issues to our social impact work.
The leader will report to the VP of Corporate Affairs & Government Relations, oversee a team and work with senior executives and external stakeholders to build and implement the Corporate Sustainability and Social Impact (CSSI) strategy for the global organization. This will include developing key initiatives, building dashboards and reports, establishing key internal and external relationships and serving, as the organizations subject matter expert. She/he will work across the organization to influence policies and guidelines to ensure greater alignment of the social impact portfolio with business goals. The role, working under the direction of the VP of Corporate Affairs, will provide direction and advice on social impact to the regional business units, R&D organization, corporate development, strategy, operations, advocacy, HR teams and will shape stakeholder engagement initiatives and communications on sustainability/social impact.
This Will Specifically Include The Following
Working under the direction of the VP of Corporate Affairs, the role will lead the development and implementation of company’s CSSI strategy across global sites, setting goals, priorities and milestones that aligns to our businesses, the corporate brand, and creates value for our stakeholders.
- Lead efforts to develop corporate sustainability and ESG reporting. Work with multiple internal stakeholders to develop relevant content and enhance public reporting through engagement with ESG rating firms.
- Stay abreast of changing landscape of ESG issues that impact the company, including review of external sources to understand emerging issues and how they impact the company, and proposing potential responses or actions.
- Lead Jazz’s collaborative efforts to apply for the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and/or other relevant third-party recognition for sustainability/CSR efforts.
- Partner with IR team on engaging with and responding to institutional investors on ESG issues, and in shifting the dialogue from a focus on simply reporting to one on long-term social impact
- Leading global advocacy and management of team responsible for Jazz’s stakeholder engagement with relevant health care, trade associations and patient organizations; execution of patient engagement across drug discovery to commercialization.
- Partner with global advocacy team to identify and execute against trends and opportunities that help shape strategic business priorities
- Management of Corporate Giving Program responsible for company philanthropy and aligning grants to overall social impact strategy
- Partner with, and influence, senior executives and other colleagues in business and functional units across the company to identify, prioritize, incubate, and scale social impact opportunities in the focus areas identified by company
- Foster external partnerships (e.g. with advocacy organizations, non-profits, trade associations) to create the right conditions for implementing new opportunities
- Share regular updates on company social impact strategy and progress with senior executives
- Partner with the Corporate Strategy team to embed social impact into company and business units annual strategic planning process
- Partner with IR, Legal and Global Corporate Communications Teams on annual and ongoing reporting of sustainability and social impact initiatives
- Partner with HR on development and execution on company Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy
- Represent the company’s social impact work at external settings, including social impact focused conferences, industry associations, and in other conversations to both position company as a leader and to learn from others
- Impact a constant focus on maximizing impact in the biopharma sector; new approaches and solutions with relevant stakeholders; interest in thought leadership on social impact;
- Equity focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of work; comfortable in introducing and facilitating conversations on equity; familiarity with approaches (e.g., disaggregated data, root cause analysis frameworks) that center equity into company social impact programs;
- Strategic and analytical thinking strategic mindset to approaching tough problems; ability to guide others in making choices related to social impact; ability to bring nuance, sound judgement, and rigor to social impact programs;
- Relationships ability to establish trusting relationships and navigate organizational complexities; low ego with high level of self-confidence, maturity and integrity; ability to form relationships internally and externally;
- Collaboration across, up and down the internal hierarchy, the ability to listen to the internal stakeholders and articulate those needs back to the Corporate team; ability to effectively engage external stakeholders relevant to Jazz’s mission and corporate purpose.
- Positive and dynamic management style; able to gain followership and attain buy-in from internal stakeholders; capable of successfully navigating a complex organizational matrix.
- Ability to lead, develop, and grow an integrity-focused, results-oriented team
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and purpose
- Ability to cultivate creative solutions to complex problems and environments while maintaining the Companys legal and ethical responsibilities
- Ability to think strategically and make clear and well-reasoned decisions
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Ability to instill trust by gaining the confidence of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- 10+ years of experience of increasing responsibility in developing (in-house) or advising on corporate sustainability, social impact, CSR, and corporate philanthropy strategy
- Issue-experience ideal, but not critical: from general (public health/global health) to specific (therapeutic areas)
- Well-established relationships or ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Evident leadership skills and a passion for conscious leadership and social change
- Strong data and analytical capabilities
- Experience in leading and developing a team preferred
- Bachelors degree required, graduate education preferred