A position has become available at AVEVA for a Sr/Director of Sustainability – Global.
Develop and lead the sustainability vision, mission, and operating principles for AVEVA and lead the development of a high-level strategy and execution plan to support these.
Develop and manage a sustainability business plan for both internal and external activation, ensuring buy-in from internal and external stakeholders.
Secure and leverage senior-level commitment and support for integrating sustainable development into product design, core processes, and decision-making.
Form and lead an internal Executive Sustainability Steering Committee that will help shape and initially oversee the launch of the sustainability initiatives and provide ongoing guidance.
Provide expertise and create a culture of sustainability by monitoring emerging trends, programs, and issues as well as communicating and educating others on sustainability topics.
Prepare AVEVA Executives to speak on sustainability.
Provide presentations/information to customers on our sustainability plans/initiatives and respond to any questions they may have.
Lead and inspire AVEVA’s internal activation strategy to engage our full workforce in improving and publicizing the company’s sustainability initiatives and promote awareness, both internally and externally.
Lead the interface with external regulatory bodies relating to the company’s responses to questions or statements of position on sustainability-related matters.
Build effective partnerships with external organizations, customers, and strategic partners to support sustainability initiatives/goals.
Ensure appropriate internal controls and measures are in place to support sustainability initiatives and goals.
Measure and monitor progress against sustainability strategies, objectives, and performance targets. Provide reporting to CSO and ELT.
Lead, manage, and develop the Sustainability direct reporting team and lead the extended matrix of sustainability contributors across the company.
Pro-actively contribute to AVEVA’s Strategic Leadership team’s focus on sustainability and report to the Executive Leadership Team.
Represent sustainability in other AVEVA workgroups.
Role model our LIFE values.
Skills & Qualifications
Experience of successfully creating a Sustainability vision and leading, developing and implementing the Sustainability strategy in one or more of the following:
- High tech/software companies.
- Companies in industries supported by AVEVA, eg CPG, Food & Bev, Infrastructure, Energy.
- Major consultancy companies
- Proven success of building and leading project teams and managing internal and external stakeholders
- Proven success and experience in environmental sustainability issues with proven outcomes
- Experience of successfully building, developing and promoting new initiatives
- Mastery of vision setting and strategic planning
- Excellent leadership skills, both with direct team members and people from other business areas contributing to sustainability projects/initiatives
- Clear and engaging communication and presenting style
- Ability to build rapport and robust relationships as well as influencing at all levels including C-suite, customers, suppliers, and partners
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Bachelor/master’s in science, Technology, Engineering, or Environmental Studies. MBA or Masters in Sustainability preferable.