Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability Specialist.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In This Role, You Will Be Responsible For:
- Providing focused technical expertise to promote workplace and product safety by identifying and monitoring potential hazards to people or property in areas such as machine safety and electrical safety.
- Reviewing and recommending content of health and safety policies and programs.
- Providing content to emergency response plans and participating on the emergency response team, as well as implementing and providing training on health and safety policies and programs developed for a site to assure that workplace conditions are in compliance with all local government and company requirements.
- Developing and implementing an internal audit process for the site.
- Facilitating compliance audits, assisting management in conducting risk assessments, and participating on health and safety teams.
- Conducting hazard assessments, finding root causes, recommending solutions to identified hazards, & designing and implementing solutions.
- Reviewing new regulations from outside agencies and new Johnson and Johnson worldwide environmental health and safety policies and procedures against current site programs and practices for gaps
- Participating as the lead health and safety representative in external audits and inspections by local government agencies.
- Compliance with all environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHA 18001)