The position of Sr. Manager Sustainability Impact Profit & Loss has become available at Target.
As Senior Manager Sustainability Impact P&L, you will be part of the team that builds programs that address opportunities that will establish Target as an industry leader that goes beyond compliance to address key challenges relating to social and environmental issues. You will be responsible for the creation of routines, policies and tools that will enable Target to quantify the social and environmental impact of our product decisions and product creation from concept to consumer. You will play a critical role in integrating the impact P&L to Target’s financial P&L to imbed responsible purchasing practices into teams. You will utilize your expertise and ability to collaborate and influence to drive an innovative, industry-leading program that allows teams across Target to understand and track their social and environmental footprint and identify and manage risks to responsible business practices. You will build critical working partnerships across the enterprise in order to enable cross-functional collaboration identify business interdependencies and needs to influence business strategies to accelerate positive impact for people across the globe, enable sustainable business growth, be a catalyst for change and inspire others to do more.
- Design, plan and implement initiatives with broad scope using established project management principals
- Build meaningful networks of relationships with external organizations including other brands, NGOs, consultants and international organizations to position Target as an informed industry leader and progressive force for good
- Provide proactive sustainability insights to the organization to drive updates to Target’s policies and goals.
- Leverage data, analytics and reporting to provide guidance to support business decisions and inform purchasing practices.
- Build coalitions and drive scalable initiatives in collaboration with others.
- Operationalize new and emerging business strategies and capabilities
- 5-10 years of experience
- 4 year degree
- Expert knowledge of global labor, health & safety regulations, and/or environmental regulations/issues and how to quantify impacts within these areas
- Strong understanding of P&L’s inclusive of financial, environmental and social labor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear communications and scenario building.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking with the ability to plan, organize and execute.
- Understanding of macro environment trends and curiosity of the global landscape
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions, manage project plans and resources.
- Strong leadership, performance and change management skills
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to fostering an inclusive team
- Ability to work in a global environment
- RS and/or policy/advocacy experience a plus
- Master’s degree
- Experience working with global teams/business partners