Mattel is recruiting for a Sr Manager Sustainability (Supply Chain)
The role reports into the VP of EHS, Sustainability, Tooling and Engineering and has dotted line responsibility to the VP Global Sustainability and works closely with the newly created Global Engineering Process validation function
Mattel announced goals to achieve 100% recycled, recyclable or bio-based plastic materials in all products and packaging by 2030.
This role will support these goals by managing the cross functional collaboration, alignment and coordination required to ensure new sustainable product and the associated sustainable materials (including resins, packaging, textiles and electronics) are introduced into the Supply Chain in a controlled manner and ensuring product safety and authenticity of sustainability claims are maintained.
What Your Impact Will Be
- Establish and manage a formal cross functional stewardship process to manage the introduction of new materials and products ensuring alignment with global sustainability strategy, and brand sustainability goals and efficient and effective introduction of new sustainable materials into the supply Chain without disrupting supply of product to the market.
- Work in partnership with Sustainability, Brands, Design, Development, Procurement, Manufacturing and Engineering functions to identify strategy for sustainable materials.
- Identify new sustainable materials and collaborate with Procurement, Design, Development, Manufacturing and Engineering to determine applicability and co-develop roadmap for introduction.
- Collaborate with cross functional groups and coordinate the validation and testing of potential materials with GSC Global Engineering function and develop database of materials and component-based application.
- Partner with procurement function to ensure future demand for sustainable materials is coordinated and supply is available and secured.
- The role reports into the VP of EHS, Sustainability, Tooling and Engineering and has dotted line responsibility to the VP Global Sustainability and works closely with the newly created Global Engineering Process validation function
What We’re Looking For
- Technical qualification in Materials Science or related Engineering Field.
- Experience with sustainable materials strategy development
- Qualification/Certification in Sustainability or 5 years’ experience in sustainability role.
- 5 Years’ experience in NPI in consumer products manufacturing.
- Proven collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Natural Leader with proven track record of driving change in a matrix cross functional organizational environment.
What It’s Like to Work Here
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.