If you want to make a difference, Avery-Dennison is seeking a Sr. Project Manager, Sustainability and Innovation to join their team.
This unique and critical role will contribute to the execution of the strategic plan for the North American sustainability and innovation program in our relentless pursuit of achieving our 2025 sustainability goals.
- Translate strategic objectives to plan and lead projects that will:
- achieve our goals on sustainable product innovations that advance the circular economy
- reduce external waste within our value chain
- improve our idea management and commercial management processes within our Innovation System
- Assist in Ecosystem Engagement through strong relationship management, follow through, prioritization and appropriate sense of urgency
- Assist in identifying advocacy opportunities
- Support development and delivery of education programs to all key stakeholders within the value chain
- As a thought leader in sustainability, uncover opportunities to increase and expand knowledge on basic sustainability topics and needs within the enterprise
- Provide support and content to the communications teams to deliver the 360 Strategic Communication Plan
- Be an activator of employee engagement by sharing a passion for sustainability and innovation
- Track and monitor sustainability related metrics
- Partner and collaborate cross functionally to translate and execute key deliverables
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field.
- Advance degree, MBA with an emphasis in Sustainability preferred.
- Preferably 4+ years of relevant job experience in the fields of sustainable product marketing and innovation processes with demonstrated project management skills.
- Knowledge of the recycling ecosystem is a plus.
- Systems and design thinking with a penchant to ‘go-figure-it out’
- Change management leadership
- Strong leadership skills and excellent know-how in project management tools, principles and best practices, with a passion for results
- Project management certification a plus and/or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence others, exhibit enthusiasm and a passion for the work
- Creativity, out of the norm thinking around what is possible
- Self-driven and ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Willingness to travel, domestically and internationally (up to 25%)