Sustainable job: Target is looking for a Sr. Strategist, Corporate Responsibility based in Minneapolis, MN.
In this role you will lead through strategic project management and consultative problem solving as you manage the implementation of complex projects, optimize processes, support sustainability integration into the business, and further internal engagement in CR initiatives. Bring your passion and expertise to Target to help Target leverage its size and scale for the broader good.
As a CR Strategist you will report directly to the Sr Director of Corporate Responsibility and be responsible for:
Strategy & Insights
- Discover, analyze, and synthesize findings from relevant sources (including quantitative/qualitative data and research) to derive insights that support strategy development
- Participate in strategy building that seeks to integrate and operationalize new social and environmental approaches to business
- Stay current on and proactively monitor trends, research, reports in topical areas. Be able to distill key insights, elevate learnings for knowledge sharing, and integrate findings into projects/initiatives
- Partner and consult with CR Sr Directors and Sr. Managers to set up and coordinate projects and initiatives
- Scope and define project including mapping current state, developing measurable goals/KPIs, evaluating risks, assessing resource needs/dependencies; can include tools such as project charters
- Create, manage and govern detailed project plans and T&A, including gaining agreement on and recording changes/updates, driving accountability to T&A, monitoring and reporting on initiative progress and KPIs, escalating risks to leadership
- Develop tools, and communications that enable visibility, collaboration, prioritization, and decisioning; can include tools such as Sharepoint, common calendars, SmartSheet
- Identify, collect, and quantify project requirements (financial, resources, etc) and maintain data necessary to analyze, measure, and track project needs over time
- Provide visibility to the overall project by creating dashboarding that reflects project status, details, and milestones/deadlines; report out status regularly to leadership
- Document and report out on key decisions, meetings, follow-ups and maintain repository on past meetings/decisions
- Lead cross-functional engagement and relationships across all levels; ensure cross-functional transparency
- Evaluate existing processes through partner interviews and analysis; map and document current state and pain points/opportunities
- Develop, share and align upon a case for change with leadership and key stakeholders
- Create new, optimized workflow prototypes; iterate as needed; consult with partners/stakeholders to determine optimal approach
- Define process KPIs and monitoring system; align with stakeholders on new approach
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.