A position has become available at Hershey for a Sr Sustainability Analyst – Responsible Sourcing.
The Senior Sustainability Analyst, Responsible Sourcing is a global role with interactions across our US and International businesses, leadership of the supplier diversity strategy, exposure to our global supply base, and supplier management. The Senior Sustainability Analyst will support the advancement of Hershey’s Responsible Sourcing Strategy across the Supply Chain organization including Global Procurement, Global Sustainability, Corporate Communication, Manufacturing and Packaging. The Senior Sustainability Analyst will be responsible for developing and implementing sustainability sourcing strategies for key commodities. The role will also help manage data reporting and risk analysis as well as compliance with sustainability and certification standards. The Senior Analyst will be expected to engage with internal and external stakeholders around topics such as Human Rights, Environment and Ethics & Compliance.
- Cocoa Sustainability – Track, maintain and report certified purchases and records as well as managing certification audit process.
- Lead and implement Responsible Sourcing programs and Sustainability initiatives for key ingredients.
- Implement new Supplier Diversity program.
- Social Auditing – Support preparation of Hershey plants for social audits while also requesting, verifying and accepting suppliers’ audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Sustainability, Business, Economics or related field of study required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience in Responsible Sourcing, Sustainability and/or Corporate Social Responsibility.
Minimum Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required:
- The successful candidate will have a strong background and understanding of Procurement, Sustainability and Responsible Sourcing including knowledge related to topics such as agriculture, food sector, human and labor rights and environment.
- Knowledge of certifications schemes related to agricultural supply chains.
- Understanding of issues and approaches related to transparency and traceability in agricultural supply chains
- Familiarity with Supplier Diversity program
- Familiarity with social compliance in manufacturing supply chains
- Effective planning and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to prioritize in an ever-changing environment.
- Problem solving and the ability to exercise good business judgment in a fast-paced working environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Solid personal presence with the ability to interact with confidence and credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Candidate must be able to work both independently, on a large global cross-functional team and show demonstrated success in project development and management.
- Strong financial and business mindset and strong data processing skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with internal departments, seek common ground and establish alignment on common goals.
- Excellent computer skills including SAP, MS Office Suite.