The Supply Chain Program Management team is seeking a Program Manager to support our growing Vehicle and Energy businesses. In this role, you will function as the key liaison between the Supply Chain Organization and internal stakeholders including Tesla’s Executive Team, Engineering, Sales and Manufacturing. The Program Manager will collaborate closely with their Supply Chain team members including Global Supply Managers and Supplier Industrialization Engineers across all commodities on behalf of Supply Chain leadership
The Program Manager will work closely with the core Program/Project team to manage high visibility and high value programs, applying program/project management skills to assure the timely and efficient execution of Tesla’s portfolio of projects.
- Represent the Supply Chain organization in meetings with Tesla’s Executive Team to provide updates on program status including highlighting potential risks and outlining proposed solutions and mitigating steps
- Define, implement, and drive execution of project requirements, workflows, and plans
- Manage project timelines and resources and ensure risk mitigation actions are identified and in place to ensure successful program launches
- Develop and maintain dashboards to track program status and to communicate key project metrics to the broader organization including Engineering, Finance and Manufacturing
- Continuously monitor and measure project processes and activities to ensure no delays to the project and that potential risks are identified in a timely manner
- Develop robust systems to track progress of critical manufacturing equipment readiness across our global supply chain
- Analyze the complete supply chain for the project by defining and measuring performance criteria (milestone adherence, sourcing progress, cost savings opportunities, operational efficiency, etc.) to support strategic decision making
- At least 5-10 years of project management experience in a fast paced, highly fluid environment or other evidence of exceptional ability (Consultancy and/or Manufacturing experience is a plus)
- Master’s degree or higher, engineering preferred and/or relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence cross functional stakeholders including Engineering, Finance and Manufacturing
- Exude executive presence and demonstrate comfort and ease presenting in front of Supply Chain leadership and Tesla’s Executive team on behalf of the Supply Chain organization
- Experience developing succinct, crisp executive summaries and presenting to leadership
- Demonstrated, applied experience delivering complex programs and projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to establish business process issues and drive process improvement.
- Excellent analytical skills including advanced Excel (ie. macros, VBA)
- Knowledge of SQL (mySQL, Postgres, etc.) is a plus
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
- Organizational skills to manage transactional details.