Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health EMEA is recruiting a Sustainability Director to advance its environmental sustainability agenda in the region.
As the EMEA Sustainability Director, you will be responsible for leading the EMEA environmental sustainability strategy with a special focus on the product (packaging and ingredients) and commercial interactions with customers and other partners. The role will coordinate and run sustainability programmes working closely with regional supply chain initiatives and the enterprise sustainability group (EHS).
Working cross-functionally across EMEA with governments, NGOs and multi-stakeholder initiatives, this is an outstanding opportunity for a highly commercially astute and experienced individual.
- Develop and lead all aspects of the EMEA environmental sustainability vision and strategy
- Work closely with regional brand teams and R&D to embed sustainability in the brand DNA and drive the sustainability agenda for our brands
- Work with senior leaders to influence the EMEA sustainability agenda
- Subject Matter Authority for environmental sustainability principles, programmes, processes, internal and external reporting and communications
- Supports sustainability work stream leaders to facilitate the achievement of goals
- Monitors, evaluates and reports on the efficiency of sustainability programs. Identifies and implements improvement opportunities.
- Provide competitive intelligence on sustainability, including how the changing market dynamics should craft our sustainability agenda and focus
- Work with key internal partners across R&D, Supply Chain, Procurement, Commercial, Communications & Public Affairs, Marketing and Government Affairs.
- Interact and align on regional supply chain sustainability initiatives and ensure they are collected in the overall EMEA vision and strategy.
- Coordinate and align initiatives with the global partners (Global EHS sustainability Team)
- In partnership with Corporate Communications and others, develops sustainability reports, presentations, or proposals for employees, suppliers, media, government, public interest, and/or other partners
- Contributes to, and reviews content associated with, marketing or outreach media for sustainability projects or events.
- Develop thought leadership platforms, project partnerships,
- Organise and promotes regular formal and informal engagement with relevant partners
- Act as external spokesperson and company representative in niche forums in the countries, and with customers, working with and closely supporting Customer Development and Communications teams in the Clusters.
- Represent CH in relevant trade associations.
- Related bachelor or master’s degree
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a sustainability leadership position with a good understanding of the commercial, marketing, regulatory, advocacy and brand & reputation dimensions which impact our business (must be a specialist in at least one of these areas)
- Experience in establishing and maintaining strong internal & external relationships across boundaries and cultures, ability to interact with diverse environments
- Experience of issues management & crisis communications in the context of sustainability
- Ability to develop impactful sustainability strategies for the region and to turn them into executable plans
- Strong oral and written communications skills, external representation