Gartner is looking for a Sustainability Expert, Flexible NA Location, Gartner Research & Advisory.
Supply Chain Sustainability – Supply Chain Communications Position
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in supply chain, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of supply chain, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business operations and supply chain, Gartner is looking for you.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a cross-industry community of the world’s most influential supply chain practitioners
- Have specific responsibility for managing and developing content relating to coverage of supply chain sustainability/corporate social responsibility and supply chain communications
- Direct practitioner-driven supply chain content and research, leveraging the combined experience and insight of over 19,000 practitioners within Gartner’s community
- Combine actionable insights from across the practitioner community with compelling predictive research to support global Chief Supply Chain Officers and their teams
- Publish reports based on forward-looking, predictive research on the future of the end-to-end cross-functional supply chain and curate written, video and webinar content that is used by our customers to enable learning and advance their corporate strategy
- Conduct ongoing interaction with clients and prospects (including meetings, conference calls, strategy sessions and formal presentations)
- Prepare and deliver high-value presentations and other materials at Gartner, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings
- Drive client demand for your advice, content and presentations
- Assist the Sales organization in selling and retention by demonstrating the value of research
- Provide mentorship and support to team members
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers
- Establish credibility as a thought leader representing Gartner’s research methodology and strategies
What You’ll Need
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties in a strategic, analytical and articulate manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Located in the US.
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain with demonstrated expertise in the field of supply chain sustainability/corporate social responsibility/circular economy and have a background in change management – supply chain communications
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end supply chain, and ability to link best practices, business strategies, goals & metrics to client’s business strategies.
- Ability to interact at all levels of an organization on supply chain and business issues.
- Ability to represent and defend analysis in client interactions.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Written work must be concise and persuasive.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills; applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position.
- The candidate must be a strategic and critical thinker, able to efficiently multitask, and to deliver high quality actionable advice on time through a variety of media. The candidate must demonstrate a self-motivated work ethic but also be collaborative within geographically diverse team environment.
- Experience with the best practices and issues facing end users (“clients”).
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively and presenting to large groups in workshops and conferences desired.
- Strong project planning and management skills with a strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
- Be able to travel 25-30% of the year including attending 2+ Gartner conferences per year.
- Bachelors degree. MBA preferred.
Who You Are
- Collaborative: experienced providing service and collaborating with global colleagues.
- Organized: skilled at multitasking, prioritizing and working under tight deadlines and high volume.
- Confident: able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision. Effective communicator
- Detail oriented: skilled at recognizing and troubleshooting errors.
- Thought leader: strong visionary and analytical thinker
What We Offer
- An upbeat, positive culture. Teamwork, integrity, objectivity, collaboration, and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Direct collaboration with smart global colleagues in a continuous learning environment.
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits starting on your first day.