Bardsley is looking for someone with a passion for Sustainability, Impact and Technology to be their new Sustainability & Impact Manager.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting business focussed on transforming agriculture, food supply chains and saving the environment. This hands-on role will be involved in establishing good sustainability practices across the business and act as a thought leader in this space. The successful candidate will embed sustainability across the organisation, mitigating risk and supporting Bx teams to implement sustainable solutions. This role will work across the business to engage teams and will help drive innovation, identifying new opportunities that benefit social, environmental and economic aspects of Bx.
The good stuff.
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- A great place to work, with interesting projects created and driven by you.
- Everything you need to set-up (laptop etc)
- Private Healthcare
- Free Apples
- Real impact towards saving the planet
Flexible. Some of the best locations around the British countryside. You could be anywhere from working on your sofa at home to our HQ in Staplehurst, Kent.
What we are actually looking for?
- We are looking for someone with experience in Carbon Audits/Carbon footprinting to align with our core goals.
- Someone with a real passion for sustainability.
- A great communicator with a clear communication style (both written and spoken).
- An ability to work collaboratively across teams and organisational levels.
- A desire and ability to ensure their professional knowledge is kept fully up to date.
- An ability to assess, collate and mange environmental and business data and information.
- Be educated to advanced degree level or equivalent within an appropriate field.
- Membership to relevant organisations would be a bonus.
- Have experience working as a sustainability manager within a large organisation or an ability to demonstrate extended knowledge of the field.
Got your attention? I thought so.
The Day Job
- Ensure Bx upholds and works towards finding new, innovative, and ideally economically viable ways to become and stay sustainable. This includes, developing, proposing, and liaising to implement new projects and ideas. Driving positive impact through the business.
- Develop and keep up to date all sustainability related policies and procedures across Bx teams and support them to implement sustainable solutions and working practices.
- Analyse company practices, create options for change, establish the pros/cons/costs/etc of each. Create evidence- and data- based plans of action.
- Implement changes and communicate them effectively. Taking charge of developing, executing, and monitoring company environmental strategies.
- Improve team awareness of sustainability, particularly as relates to the business. Inform, educate and train colleagues as required.
- Identify and encourage best practice employee contributions to sustainable operations.
- Design and monitor sustainability KPIs for the business, drive improvements in these KPIs and hold the business accountable to them.
- Act as a champion of sustainability and drive positive impact across the business.
- Keep up to date with relevant changes in environmental law, legislation, practices and thought leadership.
- Communicating and marketing sustainability campaigns to internal and external stakeholders. This includes creating content for our website and social channels focused on sustainability, impact, and company green initiatives.
- Write Grant applications to obtain funds for initiatives and to support the Product team with R&D.
- Help the company achieve B-Corp status, linked to this audit the company practices as a precursor and create a schedule of change recommendations.
- The initial focus will be on environmental impact. This may however expand into social impact as the role develops.
- Collecting physical production data for annual carbon footprint reporting.
The successful candidate will be working closely across all areas of the business, particularly Marketing & Comms, Senior leaders, HR, Operational and Product teams. Internal/external stakeholder management and communication is a vital part of this role. They must be able to communicate to a high standard in a variety of formats to educate and inform on the changes they are looking to implement and how they will impact the environment and workplace.Apply now