Google is recruiting for a Sustainability Lead. Location London, UK.
About the job
The Global Sustainability Team drives the development and implementation of Google’s global sustainability strategy to further empower action, ensure alignment and prioritization, identify new leadership opportunities, and mitigate risks. We lead sustainability strategy and programs on carbon, circular economy, water, product integration, reporting, and employee engagement.
Serve as the cross-functional sustainability leader in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) working well in a multidisciplinary setting, influencing and partnering with a diverse group of regional leaders, serving as regional point of contact on sustainability and as such also the internal and external spokesperson.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Initiate cross-functional regional sustainability projects and processes proactively, make decisions about priorities, drive programs across organizations.
- Manage complex regional sustainability programs, identify and implement process improvements, and exercise business and technical understanding to drive long-term regional sustainability objectives.
- Be an advocate for sustainability programs to other organizations within Google and serve as a regional spokesperson for sustainability programs internally and externally.
- Provide content and thought leadership in the region that pushes the envelope on sustainability solutions (e.g., publish white papers externally or give Tech Talks internally).
- Provide input to key regional decision makers that have a direct impact on the future direction of sustainability, and establish influence and credibility across the organizations in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., environmental studies/management) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with key sustainability topics (e.g., carbon footprinting, life cycle assessment, sustainability reporting, sustainability data analysis, environmental policy, environmental education/engagement).
- Project management experience.
- Cross-functional and/or cross-organizational relationship-building experience.
- MBA or relevant Master’s degree
- Experience resolving sustainability challenges in large, complex organizations.
- Experience with procurement, contracts, and vendor management.
- Multi-country work experience in EMEA.
- Self started with entrepreneurial drive and a demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and empowerment.
- Business language fluency in one or more languages spoken in EMEA (beyond English).