There is an exciting opportunity at IKEA for a Sustainability Leader – Supply Chain Operations.
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organisation with its 700 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
We are now looking for a Sustainability Leader to develop, drive and support the sustainability agenda in the respective geographical perspectives in close collaboration with the business. You identify opportunities and enable internal and external collaborations and partnerships to drive the sustainability agenda in line with business priorities and the People & Planet Positive strategy. You will be a member of the Sustainability management team in SCO and the SCO Sustainability matrix to define a clear direction and contribute to the strategic development of the Sustainability agenda.
Your main assignments as Sustainability Leader are to:
- Inspire, develop, support and challenge the business teams to ensure effective implementation and fulfilment of the Sustainability agenda in Supply Chain Operations
- Identify and monitor sustainability trends, policy developments and business opportunities in the geographical dimension.
- Engage in extensive internal and external networking to drive the Sustainability agenda of Supply Chain Operations. Act as a bridge builder to enable new collaborations and partnerships in close collaboration with the business
- Identify and contribute to mitigate sustainability risks in the geographical dimension
- Proactively support and advice business teams on sustainability related topics
- Share and develop sustainability knowledge and competence throughout the business by inspiring and empowering co-workers
If you are passionate about working with sustainability and if you have the drive to lead & develop the sustainability agenda for your area of responsibility and SCO as a total, you have the right motivation for this role.
We want you, because:
- The IKEA culture & values inspire you every day anew
- You enjoy working in an international environment in a diverse organization and are driven by developing the business through the sustainability agenda
- You have a university degree in sustainability or other relevant area and longstanding experience from working with sustainability
- You are experienced in driving sustainability and finding solutions in large organizations
- You are a strong and inspiring communicator and you build trustful relationships
- You have an excellent project management competence and good knowledge of supply chain cost drivers and how to influence them
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
- You will be expected to travel from time to time.