Facebook is seeking an experienced Program Manager to lead a portfolio of greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction projects as part of its climate change initiatives.
This role will be responsible for collaborating with the carbon team to identify long term pathways to reduce Facebook’s GHG footprint and will support internal teams in implementing reductions and will also guide financial and economic analysis that informs strategic planning for carbon-related programs. This may include evaluation of policy and market trends and climate-related financial analysis on topics such as: climate risk, prioritization of reduction activities, and technical evaluation of partnerships and technologies.
- Implement portfolio of GHG reduction programs that align with corporate strategy and goals through partnership with the Infrastructure Data Centers team and select teams across Facebook’s value chain
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams – facilitate engagement and understanding of Facebook’s sustainability and carbon goals
- Build and manage program framework and tools to enable prioritization, project selection and implementation
- Maintain understanding of carbon markets and evolving policy and climate-related trends – synthesize and share to drive strategic planning
- Drive financial evaluation of emerging opportunities and risks, support evaluation of carbon reduction technology and partnerships
- 12+ years of experience in corporate sustainability or related field with experience building climate-related financial models and risks assessments
- Technical knowledge of carbon reduction strategies, technology and evaluation techniques
- Experience applying economic and policy drivers in strategic planning
- Experience independently driving projects end-to-end within a company’s direct operations and value chain
- Experience delivering projects aligned with large scale corporate goals through influence and collaboration
- Flexible, entrepreneurial spirit with experience influencing across an organization with indirect authority