Cargill has an opportunity for a Sustainability Specialist – Remote option.
This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Sustainability Specialist will provide input and drive implementation of our sustainability strategy and programs. In this role, you will work across supply chain, with farmers, outside industry groups and with downstream customers with a goal of delivering practical sustainability solutions that enable our business to grow and our customers to be more profitable. You will help to develop, train and influence the team to gain proficiency in positioning and engaging customers in our sustainability programs and offerings.
- Provide insights and input into sustainability strategies that address emerging business opportunities, expectations of our customers and corporate goals.
- Gain expertise and an understanding of various external programs, sustainable production schemes as well as digital technology solutions that the industry is using to engage customers.
- Collaborate in the development of programs to engage producers around sustainable practices, tools and technology, or certifications that are scalable and drive value for all stakeholders.
- Drive execution of the project plan, working directly with farmers and sales teams to build engagement and trust between the customer and the business. Develop training tools, workshops, and learning sessions to support implementation.
- Implement and maintain a process to track actual results against business goals, corporate commitments and report program performance outcomes to key stakeholders.
- Partner with the marketing and communications teams to optimally position sustainability at the customer level and tell the story of our efforts across the supply chain.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
This position could be a remote position located anywhere in the US from home-office with access to an airport, OR can work out of one of our regional offices in Layfeyette, IN, Kansas City, MO, or Memphis, TN
- Bachelor’s degree in an Agricultural-related field OR in lieu of a degree, equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years related work experience
- Experience leading projects or managing programs in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to travel up to 30% in the US and Canada
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Business OR Agronomy
- Prior experience in row-crop sustainability, soil health-related practices, crop production or field agronomy
- Experience with digital tools and technologies
- Demonstrated leadership ability to influence, educate and empower others to deliver on performance metrics
- Ability to interact effectively and build trust and credibility with growers, customers, and external partners