Gensler is looking for a Sustainability Strategist.
As a Sustainability Strategist at Gensler, you will work with a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence. The Sustainability Specialist will join the Northeast Sustainability Consulting team in providing turn-key sustainability support to clients and project teams from marketing through post-occupancy.
What You Will Do
Manage and provide design guidance on projects pursuing LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL Building Standard Fitwel and Net Zero Building Certification projects, as well as strategic consulting for a wide range of world class projects ranging from commercial interiors to ground up buildings.
- Perform technical analysis (e.g. energy and daylighting simulation, specification writing, materials selection, cost and life cycle studies, etc.)
- Serve as an internal and external leader in issues of firm technical capability with respect to Sustainable Design
- Support Third Party certification training and accreditation across the region
- Ensure quality control and consistency across all Gensler Northeast projects
- Coordinate the work of multiple consultants and supervise the work of project team members
- Provide technical and analytical support to project teams, including attending or contributing to client meetings when necessary.
- Identify and maintain awareness of current and emerging technologies, tools and methods as they impact the delivery of green building design
- Track Federal, State and local regulations and incentives and provide guidance to clients
- Ensure sustainable design projects status are integrated into Gensler marketing information (Digital Library)
- Ensure that lessons learned are shared across projects
Additional Opportunities for Leadership:
- Work with Gensler’s firmwide sustainability leaders to support sustainability, from project specifications and education programs to new sustainability service offerings
- Stimulate internal knowledge and interest in new innovations, technologies and approaches, educating staff in their uses and applications
- Coordinate integration of Revit, IES, energy modeling, daylighting and other technical analysis in LEED projects where needed
- Provide in-team design and production support as interior designer or project architect on sustainability-related projects.
- The successful candidate will have strong interest in and aptitude for sustainability and project management, strong client relations and an ability to mentor, teach and train effectively
- LEED Accredited Professional required
- 5+ years of experience post-graduation; at least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of LEED and project management, gained through directly relevant project experience and education
- A degree in sustainable building, architecture, engineering, interiors or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Innovator, ability to create and successfully implement new programs
- Ability to synthesize new information quickly
- Strong writing skills and technical presentation ability
- Strong organization skills
- A sense of humor and a knack for innovation and problem solving, and a collaborative, solutions-oriented working style