ERM is seeking a motivated and dynamic Sustainability Strategy & Disclosure Consultant who will work directly with senior consultants to provide support on client engagements such as materiality assessments, writing sustainability reports, responding to ESG (environmental, social and governance) ratings and rankings, and setting sustainability goals.
- Conduct desk-based benchmarking and research on clients, industries, and market trends.
- Analyze client documentation and identify improvement opportunities (gap analysis).
- Synthesize research findings into key themes, analyze information to develop conclusions and draft recommendations for client deliverables.
- Prepare client deliverables; independently convert information into charts and structure logical flow of document.
- Support the development of corporate sustainability reports, including outlining, writing, editing, and proofreading content and other client communications.
- Participate in client meetings and workshops, clearly articulate information, and maintain required documentation.
- Assist in general business development research, marketing, and other development tasks.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects; take responsibility for project administration, such as agendas, project timelines, and to-do/task tracking.
- Manage small client teams/ work streams in low-risk settings.
- Identify additional opportunities for ERM to support current clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with Master’s degree in relevant field a plus. We consider a broad range of undergraduate majors and advanced degrees.
- At least 3 years of related experience in consulting, corporate, industrial or other environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface effectively within multiple levels of consulting staff and client personnel.
- Penchant for service excellence and a collaborative style.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently. Some travel is required to support a wide array of projects and clients.
- High level proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs—comfort with complicated Excel formulas, pivot tables, etc., plus ability to present information succinctly and visually in PowerPoint; sophisticated data analysis a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in business consulting and environmental/social issues (through related coursework, previous employment, or personal endeavors)