Exciting new opportunity at Facebook for a Sustainability Strategy Manager.
Facebook is seeking a stakeholder engagement professional to play a key role in furthering our management of and development towards leadership in sustainability external engagement which we view to be critical in increasing the impact of Facebook’s sustainability program and the industry as a whole.
We are looking for candidates with experience in managing external engagement programs in Europe. Candidates would use strong relationship building skills and creativity to develop impactful partnerships with key audiences in the sustainability space, particularly around environmental issues that are important to Facebook.
- Develop relationships and partnerships with sustainability stakeholders, coalitions, and influencers
- Create effective partnerships and programs to increase the effectiveness and visibility of our sustainability work, including our EMEA strategy, with key sustainability stakeholders
- Support internal engagement programs with European teams
- Effectively communicate and partner with other teams across Facebook
- Maintain effective stakeholder mapping, trackers, and metrics/analytics
- Develop and drive execution of EU Sustainability 2020 roadmap that aligns global sustainability goals with regional objectives
- Run weekly EU Sustainability XFN
- Enhance EU sustainability narrative and drive awareness of it internally and externally
- Participate in the development and execution of sustainability external engagement opportunities
- Develop policy backgrounder and priorities for sustainability in the EU
- Develop relationships with regional sales, marketing, policy, and comms teams and develop and support partnership opportunities
- Own and manage external engagement tracker and strategy
- Support development of regional employee engagements
- Complete peer benchmarking for Facebook sustainability in Europe
- Complete assessment of top sustainability risks and opportunities in Europe
- Develop partnerships with regional NGOs that advance our presence in market
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven track record of translating ideas into action
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong existing relationships with key sustainability stakeholders in Europe
- Understanding of sustainability issues relevant to Facebook and the tech sector 10+ years of experience in either in the private or public sector, focused on the intersection between technology and the climate, the environment, or sustainability
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience required.
- Advanced degree in sustainability, business, policy a plus.