There is an exciting opportunity at Microsoft for a Sustainability Supplier Manager.
The Supplier Sustainability Manager will coordinate with suppliers on managing initiatives and incentives, and tracking performance of suppliers in support of advancing Microsoft’s sustainability objectives, with a particular focus on emissions reduction and circularity.
The role will also coordinate with internal teams including sourcing, procurement, risk and compliance to ensure adoption and adherence to corporate guidelines for supplier engagement.
Role and Responsibilities
- Execute a supplier engagement framework to educate and build awareness of sustainability across the supplier network, of the need to support Microsoft’s journey towards a circular economy
- Identify critical risks to deployment of a standardized supplier engagement framework, recommend, develop and implement solutions to mitigate those risks
- Partner with all applicable cloud sustainability pillars; data science, product development, operations, and engineering to ensure best-in-class, accurate and timely solution delivery and communications with suppliers
- Be proactive in identifying continuous improvement opportunities and act as a leader to drive resulting initiatives
- Bachelors or equivalent degree qualification in Science, Engineering or Humanities
- 10+ years combined experience in Program Management, Asset Management, Supply chain processes, Sustainability, Circular economy, Marketing & Sales Communications, and Innovative business processes
Preferred Skills, Experience, Knowledge
- Demonstrable program management skills, including ability to direct multiple programs
- Strong technical and analytical experience in the context of supply chain areas including sourcing and procurement, along with applicable aspects of risk, compliance and sustainability
- Strong understanding of global manufacturers, distribution partners, and marketplace vendors for cloud IT assets
- Prior experience in a Microsoft organization in a cross functional supplier engagement role is desirable
- Strong understanding of circular economy models, and an established network of sustainability practitioners and institutions
- Ability to work independently when required, and as part of a team
- Proven ability to work directly with partners and vendors with little supervision
- Proven ability to write white papers and detailed process documentation
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically beyond day-to-day execution
- Demonstrable experience in collaborating across global operations, internal and external partners and vendors, engineering teams and senior leadership.