BlackRock is seeking a Sustainable Investment Analytics Associate – Portfolio Analytics Group.
Portfolio Analytics within BlackRock Solutions builds and delivers Aladdin’s® analytical capabilities to help the firm and our clients understand and manage their investments and risk. The team seeks an Associate with a strong knowledge of financial markets, deep understanding of investment processes spanning different asset classes as well as proven experience leveraging technology to achieve data and analytic solutions.
Your role and impact
- Evaluate sustainability-related methodological questions that arise when applying these data and analytics in a portfolio context; influencing how ESG data should be interpreted through the right methodology to arrive at the most appropriate conclusions
- Use analytics insights to aid in the formation of public policy responses, investment stewardship company engagements and support of the Corporate Sustainability function
- Grow BlackRock’s business: implement sophisticated technology to deliver tactical solutions that support business decisions and improve the sustainable investment process in a scalable fashion
- Develop deep relationships with BlackRock’s portfolio and risk managers, research opportunities for new commercial uses of sustainability-related data and analytics
- Collaborate with software engineering, financial modeling, and portfolio management teams to design and deploy solutions. Build inclusive and highly functional teams
- 3-5 years of experience in a highly analytical role in a technology or financial services setting
- Requires broad and proficient knowledge of modern techniques in scripting and data modelling. Experience in financial modeling, analytics, and investment systems preferred
- Experience of scenario analyses and their use in understanding the potential impact of market shocks, changing policy environments and geopolitical stresses at a portfolio and platform level preferred
- Relentless desire for understanding how processes work. Creativity in solving unconventional problems, entrepreneurial drive to learn new skills and technologies
- Demonstrated relationship management experience. Established success delivering to a diverse client base
- Recruit, mentor, and develop team members and provide oversight on key initiatives