FactSet is seeking a new SVP, Global Head of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG).
As ESG touches multiple aspects of our business, the selected candidate must have excellent judgment about when to lead and push the company forward (into new ESG products, new business strategy), and when to support in the background (for example, facilitating consistent messaging in Investor Relations and Marketing materials, or advising on the expansion of existing ESG data offerings to complement reporting to industry standards that apply to our clients). In addition, the successful candidate will navigate the emergence of regulatory activity around ESG with an eye towards positioning FactSet to build targeted, profitable products in advance of regulatory dates, such as templated research and analytics reports and standard feed packages that support a clients’ own custom ESG rating methodology
- Build FactSet’s ESG service offering, function and structure; define the program and roles, and create framework for ESG facilitation, products and messaging across the company
- Create a business plan for ESG for positive direct (ASV) and indirect (reputational) impact, including product, people, messaging, and corporate KPIs;
- Analyze the competitive market and define FactSet’s best ESG opportunities to focus efforts for success with specific targets for the next 3 years. In close collaboration with teams across the organization, identify new products that will accelerate sales and drive the plan to achieve these milestones.
- Lead or facilitate cross-functional swat teams on ESG messaging, products, pricing & packaging
- Liaise across the company as needed to facilitate profitable, impactful and holistic ESG activities and communications
- Attend and speak at conferences, create a compelling public identity for FactSet on ESG to include speaking in public, writing or overseeing the writing of thought leadership, serving as a resource to IR and Marketing when there is market news.
- Partner with Sales as needed to use ESG to accelerate growth
- 15-20 years experience in the investment management community, at least 5 of which in a Sustainability leadership role
- Deep understanding of the ESG market and their needs from a vendor in this area
- Proven track record of success ramping up and leading a new function and/or new team
- Rapport-building skills with senior decision makers as well as broader sales and consulting stakeholders
- Bachelors degree in a related field; Masters degree or MBA in Sustainability or Environmental Policy a plus
- Motivated self-starter and learner
- Passionate about FactSet’s ESG opportunity
- Commitment to team building and competitive success
- Motivated by challenges and a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members in other offices
- Attention to detail along with the ability to see the big picture
- Self-disciplined and motivated work ethic
Essential Leadership Behaviors
The successful candidate will exemplify the seven essential leadership behaviors that FactSet has identified as critical to our future growth and corporate culture.Apply now