BlackRock has an exciting new opportunity for Vice President – Corporate Communications.
About This Role
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic professional to join BlackRock’s Corporate Communications team. The team is responsible for managing and enhancing the firm’s reputation while also playing a central role in promoting BlackRock’s purpose of helping more and more people experience financial well-being.
The Corporate Communications Vice President, based in New York, will be a critical team member responsible for managing the communications initiatives related to BlackRock’s corporate affairs, including its sustainability goals, financial reporting, legal, public policy and other work that shapes the firm’s reputation in the minds of influential stakeholders.
- Partner closely with other members of the Communications team to develop engaging narratives about BlackRock, including the contributions the firm makes to society and the communities where it operates.
- Support the rollout of stakeholder-centric communications strategies to deliver BlackRock content to relevant targets through a multi-channel approach, including earned media, social media and owned digital properties, as well as internal communications.
- Manage highly complex communications challenges and initiatives that intersect government affairs, communications, marketing, philanthropy and social-responsibility.
- Maintain strong working relationships with business/financial and trade media across channels (print, broadcast and digital/social). Coordinate the planning and implementation of media events, roundtables, press conferences and educational seminars.
Experience Must Encompass
- ~8-10+ years experience in corporate communications and/or marketing within the financial services industry and/or agency.
- Thorough understanding of the asset management industry, investment products and strategies, capital markets and issues facing institutional and individual investors.
- An energetic team player and driven self-starter, with a positive mindset and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and operate with flexibility in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines with resilience and intellectual flexibility.
- Strong project management skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with our executives, journalists and colleagues around the world.
- Track record of working effectively with senior executives.